U.S. Army Selects Composite-Cased Ammunition

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
True Velocity promises their proprietary case design will provide users with significant logistical and operational advantages over traditional brass-cased ammunition. This includes increased effective range and muzzle energy, reduced cartridge weight and enhanced accuracy.

black dog

Free America
Nothing new, polymer cased ammo has been around 20 years or so.
What I have seen and shot has had a brass base. This looks like it has a steel base.

h3mech

wow I worked on that project a few years back, but I did the 50 cal version, after development a hundred round can of standard brass would take two folks to carry, with the composite round the same ammo can, can be picked up by one person. the operator in the field can carry double the ammo he could carry before. win win for the war fighter.

Attachments

• 50 cal.JPG
    50 cal.JPG
    580.3 KB · Views: 285

h3mech

Nothing new, polymer cased ammo has been around 20 years or so.
What I have seen and shot has had a brass base. This looks like it has a steel base.

look below at my picture the powder is just beads for demo purposes, but I did shoot it and with regular brass you cant touch the breach or you will get burn, with the composite it doesn't transfer heat and if you know what head space and timing is, it will work while dialed out to the last tread, it bends when pushed in the breach. so headspace and timing really doesn't mater.

black dog

Free America
wow I worked on that project a few years back, but I did the 50 cal version, after development a hundred round can of standard brass would take two folks to carry, with the composite round the same ammo can, can be picked up by one person. the operator in the field can carry double the ammo he could carry before. win win for the war fighter.
That must have been for The Dept of The Army, when necessary a Grunt can run with two deuce cans in each hand. No polymer needed.
I've seen it.....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I read somewhere that the plastic cases are made out of recycled straws. :yay: