U.S. Newborn Survival Rate Ranks Low

Pete

Repete
This seems like total bunk to me, especially this:
"We are the wealthiest country in the world, but there are still pockets of our population who are not getting the health care they need," said Mary Beth Powers, a reproductive health adviser for the U.S.-based Save the Children, which compiled the rankings based on health data from countries and agencies worldwide.

Medicare, county health departments provide prenatal and reproductive health services. WIC, TANF, Medicare and county health departments and USDA all provide post birth health and food assistance.

the care is available but people are not taking advantage of it like they should. My aunt works for a county health department and she tell horror stories everyday about morons having kids. Coming in for BC pill only to find out they are 10 weeks pregnant, yakking on their cell phone and puffing on smokes while they wait in line for extra formula they can't seem to afford. Getting mad when they have to wait for 30 minutes for their well baby visit so they can get WIC vouchers.

A buddy of mine is a paramedic in Georgia and he used to tell stories about the nastiest things he saw. His #1 is getting a call of a woman in labor in the section 8 housing known as "the bottoms". He said they never went for their prenatal care, had no clue what to do, unclean, and nasty. they just call an ambulance when it hurts. :rolleyes:

What these "shame on the USA" haters have to get through their think skulls is that we provide a hell of alot but you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. Shiftless, lazy, retarded morons are impregnated everyday and don't have enough self respect or responsibility to care for themselves, their pregnancies or babies and a free round trip limo ride to the Mayo clinic wont change it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In the United States, researchers noted that the population is more racially and economically diverse than many other industrialized countries, making it more challenging to provide culturally appropriate health care.
What the hell does that mean - "culturally appropriate health care"?

Oh...wait...

About half a million U.S. babies are born prematurely each year, data show. African-American babies are twice as likely as white infants to be premature, to have a low birth weight, and to die at birth, according to Save the Children.
So if some crack whore gets knocked up and her baby dies at birth, who's fault is that? Because they say "African-America babies" but we know damn good and well that they're not talking about normal black women who are married and live decent lives - they're talking about Miss Thang and her ghetto bootay.

Culturally appropriate health care - puhleeze. That is one of the more offensive things I've ever read.