U.S. Surgeon General, A SOMD Native, Dr. Jerome Adams Resigns

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
MECHANICSVILLE, Md. — Dr. Jerome Adams announced on Jan. 20 that he was resigning from the role of U.S. Surgeon General, after being asked to step down by the newly-inaugurated President Joe Biden. Adams was appointed in 2017 to the role of Surgeon General in 2017 by President Trump. He was the second African American Surgeon General and has been a prominent official during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I hope in 2021 and beyond, we can focus more on what unites us, and rise above what divides us,” Adams said. “Because Americans working together can overcome any obstacle or adversary. I stand at the ready to help in our mutual quest for recovery, resilience, and health, and thank you from the bottom of my heart, for the opportunity to serve.”

U.S. Surgeon General, A SOMD Native, Dr. Jerome Adams Resigns | thebaynet.com | TheBayNet.com | Articles

Unity, y'all. :duh:

stgislander

PREMO Member
It should be already understood in positions like that, that when a new administration comes in everyone can be expected to submit their resignations. It is then up to the administration to keep a person in place or put their own person in.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Yep, for black and brown people and the first person you ask to resign or be fired is the black guy.

Racial unity at last.

He didn't play along with WHO's agenda early on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He didn't resign, he was fired.

In fact, it was one of the first orders of business for the Biden "administraton": fire the black guy.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Whatever reason he left for I disagree with his quest for Unity.
I do not wish to Unify with people who just successfully stole and election and who have already started doing EO's that will harm my country and myself. Biden has already started the destruction and Congress hasn't even gotten going good yet.

Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

Maybe he talked too white as opposed to this abortion....

AP_9409200103-1024x576.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It should be already understood in positions like that, that when a new administration comes in everyone can be expected to submit their resignations. It is then up to the administration to keep a person in place or put their own person in.
True, but his term was actually not up for a few more months. And he's not exactly a political appointment type of job.

But - hey - on to bigger and better things! :yay: