Uber and Lyft really bad here?

glhs837

Power with Control
I dont use them, not with the fleet at my disposal, so I have no idea. Got someone telling me A) they are locked out of Uber and cant get back in, and B) AT least twice, they had booked rides on Lyft and the driver just never showed? However, this person has a less than stellar relattionship with the truth, shall we say, so I thought I would reach out and see if we have any regulars users of these services locally here in St Marys. Simple rides, Great Mils to Wally or the Bean Building.

What would you have more confidence in, that the Lyft drivers really just blow off fares here, or that I'm being fed a line in the hopes that I will provide the rides instead?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I know a gal who drives for Uber and Lyft here in SMC. She says she sees mainly 3 types of riders, some have become regulars.

1. Folks with low-income jobs without a car

2. Out of town contractors who don't want to have a rental

3. Drunks needing a ride

She's never had any problems with the apps. I know that's the opposite view than you're looking for, but from a drivers perspective, no problems.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It does seem to be a stressful job for some of the drivers.

taxi-driver.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
I know a gal who drives for Uber and Lyft here in SMC. She says she sees mainly 3 types of riders, some have become regulars.

1. Folks with low-income jobs without a car

2. Out of town contractors who don't want to have a rental

3. Drunks needing a ride

She's never had any problems with the apps. I know that's the opposite view than you're looking for, but from a drivers perspective, no problems.

Oh, I'm not looking for a particular answer. I suspect I'm being fed a line of bull by this person. They say they keep getting left high and dry by drivers, but given how the app lets you rate the drivers, I cant see drivers accepting rides then not picking the person up.