UCHealth denies kidney transplant to unvaccinated woman in stage 5 renal failure

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Health system reportedly said in August the coronavirus vaccine would not be needed before surgery

A Colorado woman with stage 5 renal failure is scrambling to find a new hospital to perform a kidney transplant after a health system in the state denied the transplant due to her and her donor being unvaccinated against the coronavirus.

"Here I am, willing to be a direct donor to her. It does not affect any other patient on the transplant list," Jaimee Fougner, Leilani Lutali’s kidney donor, told CBS4. "How can I sit here and allow them to murder my friend when I’ve got a perfectly good kidney and can save her life?"

Lutali said she received a letter from Colorado health system UCHealth at the end of September explaining that she and Fougner have 30 days to begin the vaccine process. They would be removed from the kidney transplant list if they refuse the shots.

"At the end of August, they confirmed that there was no COVID shot needed at that time," Lutali told CBS4. "Fast forward to Sept. 28. That’s when I found out. Jamie learned they have this policy around the COVID shot for both for the donor and the recipient."

gemma_rae

Xi Jinping should offer to fly patient and donor to China, and have the transplant performed free of charge as a gesture of good will and lack of leadership in the United States.