UConnect

SamSpade

Just got a new Dodge and it has this service called "UConnect" in it. Before I commit a nickel to using it - has anyone used it and found if it's worth it?

glhs837

Power with Control
Assuming you mean the connected features. Have it in the wifes 2015 Jeep, so I'm not sure how much it's improved since then. In hers, the implementation was okay at best. Voice recog was at best about 70% of my smartphone, response time was glacial. Internet based features like remote start were fine with one phone being paired, but with both hers and mine being paired, it refused to let both be active. So if I wanted to remote start it in the parking lot at work, and she was the last one to have used it, it made me log back in, which sort of hampers the smoothness of it all.

Didnt a six month trial period come with the new vehicle? Or is it only new to you? Might call them up and ask to test if for a month.

SamSpade

Didnt a six month trial period come with the new vehicle? Or is it only new to you? Might call them up and ask to test if for a month.

I think so. I am disappointed that with all the apps - and the ones it suggests - there's no GPS, probably the only app I'd ever use.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think so. I am disappointed that with all the apps - and the ones it suggests - there's no GPS, probably the only app I'd ever use.

There isnt? The nav wasnt an app, but rather built into the system. Only issue is they want stupid money for updates. Never used any of the others. If Android Autos available, I would use that anyway. Wasnt for 2015, and since Fiat isnt Tesla, no new features for us.

SamSpade

There isnt? The nav wasnt an app, but rather built into the system. Only issue is they want stupid money for updates. Never used any of the others. If Android Autos available, I would use that anyway. Wasnt for 2015, and since Fiat isnt Tesla, no new features for us.

Neither of us could find one. I did find I have a 90 day Sirius XM trial, which I might keep. I have found features I don't care for - my phone will automatically pair (good) but the sound will override the radio (bad).

I guess what concerns me is, how many features are there that are "built in" - as in, not going away - or pay for.

Now - is UConnect free, and subscriptions only for updates?

glhs837

Power with Control
What does your face show? There are different versions...