Ufc 107?

atheos

User
I really like Diego, but I don't think he has a chance in hell.

Yeah that. Just don't see Diego having all the tools at this moment to be able to outlast Penn. It is going to take a whole lot more than rushing the center of the octagon. Penn is too relaxed for that.

atheos

User
That should be a pretty damn good fight. I'm not sure who's gonna win it but I hope Mir does.

I don't have a clue either. But honestly, I would like to see Kongo win ONLY for the reason of seeing a fresh face in the mix for the title.

thurley42

HY;FR
Do you think Mir deserves another title shot with Lesnar though?

of course he does he's beaten Lesnar...and if you noticed Saturday..he's put on about 15 pounds of muscle since 100. He knows that if he wants a chance he's going to have to come in alot heavier then he did the last time. Brock still isn't nearly as whole of a fighter as Frank Mir, I don't think anyone in the HW division is...but when you have 30+ pounds of muscle on someone it doesn't matter how great your BJJ is, you get caught in the wrong position and you will get GnP'd like Frank did...

that being said, I still think Carwin gets first dibs....

thurley42

HY;FR
See, after his (Diego) fight with Guida, I thought Penn was the one in deep trouble, just the shear energy and improved striking.

:shrug:

Saturday night was BJ's night...not only in his domination of Diego....who is a tremendous fighter....but Kenny Florian showed just how outstanding he is...and we all know what happened with Penn/Florian....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...but when you have 30+ pounds of muscle on someone it doesn't matter how great your BJJ is, you get caught in the wrong position and you will get GnP'd like Frank did...

that being said, I still think Carwin gets first dibs....

Let's clarify a little bit. Lot's of 30 pounds of muscle heavier guys have been dominated by smaller fighters. Sapp, anyone? Point being, Brock is a competent, not great, but competent fighter, agreed?

And it's not just 'muscle'; He's just a bigger framed, larger muscled guy to begin with and his strength is scary strong, not bulked up, temporary strong.
He is comfortable and quick and brutally strong as is. My gawd, his gassed out, later round half hearted hammer fists are like cinder blocks falling on the opponent.

It is nothing short of absurd that there are not more weight classes for the big guys. I understand that there simply hasn't been anyone like Lesner but, I think there is going to be more and more need for, say a 230 class, 250 and 270 and THEN maybe an unlimited?

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Saturday night was BJ's night...not only in his domination of Diego....who is a tremendous fighter....but Kenny Florian showed just how outstanding he is...and we all know what happened with Penn/Florian....

I didn't see it. The recaps I've read follows what y'all were predicting; Diego just isn't up to the skill level of BJ.

It would be interesting to see Guida take a fight with a freaking haircut so he can actually see what is coming at gim! :lol:

thurley42

HY;FR
It is nothing short of absurd that there are not more weight classes for the big guys. I understand that there simply hasn't been anyone like Lesner but, I think there is going to be more and more need for, say a 230 class, 250 and 270 and THEN maybe an unlimited?

:buddies:

I agree Fedor has taken out people way bigger than him....I guess my point was when you are someone of Mir's skill set, which we can agree is superior things like size become a factor...Bob Sapp...huge, not a great fighter...

BJ Penn.....one of the best....loses to another one of the greats, GSP..mainly because GSP is too big and can bully him on the ground.

but yes...I agree with at least a 230 class...I've been calling for that since Mir/Lesnar 2...

I think Carwin had a good shot of taking out Lesnar...comperable size and far more ability/experience.

thurley42

HY;FR
I didn't see it. The recaps I've read follows what y'all were predicting; Diego just isn't up to the skill level of BJ.

It would be interesting to see Guida take a fight with a freaking haircut so he can actually see what is coming at gim! :lol:

If a card has Guida you can guarantee there is going to be blood and alot of action....man Florian split his grape WIDE open...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree Fedor has taken out people way bigger than him....I guess my point was when you are someone of Mir's skill set, which we can agree is superior things like size become a factor...Bob Sapp...huge, not a great fighter...

BJ Penn.....one of the best....loses to another one of the greats, GSP..mainly because GSP is too big and can bully him on the ground.

but yes...I agree with at least a 230 class...I've been calling for that since Mir/Lesnar 2...

I think Carwin had a good shot of taking out Lesnar...comperable size and far more ability/experience.

A younger Randy Couture would have had a decent shot at beating Lesner, I think. And there is NO way I bet against Fedor against Brock. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Lesnor just pummel him into paste. Actually I would. No, maybe not...

I don't know anything about Carwin. :buddies:

I agree, 100%, BJ v. GSP; too big a mismatch BECAUSE GSP is also an outstanding fighter. Lotta 170's Penn would beat, I think.