UFC 130 main event scratched

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
UFC 130 main event scratched - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

Training injuries to both lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and challenger Gray Maynard have scratched what was supposed to be the main event for UFC 130.

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Matt Hamill now takes on top billing, with Frank Mir vs. “Big Country” Roy Nelson becoming the co-main event for the May 28 showcase at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

“Frankie Edgar is injured and will not be fighting, and Gray Maynard is injured, too,” UFC president Dana White said Monday afternoon. “Frankie hurt his back and ribs and Gray hurt his knee.”

According to sources close to both camps, Edgar suffered several broken ribs in training. Maynard suffered a knee sprain that was not believed to be as serious as Edgar’s injuries.

“If everything goes right, maybe we can do the fight in August or September,” White said.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I just hope Big Country WHOOPS Frank Mirs' A$$ :boxing:

Side Note - I will be camping, so I doubt I would have been able to watch anyway... Not going to watch over a laptop screen :lol:

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
That's a pretty weak fight card. I think I'll be watching this one for free the next day.

I do agree. Never have been interested in the fight saga with Frankie and Gray anyways. Although, I am curious to see the outcome of Roy Nelson and Frank Mir for some odd reason.

Sherlock

Casserhole!
I do agree. Never have been interested in the fight saga with Frankie and Gray anyways. Although, I am curious to see the outcome of Roy Nelson and Frank Mir for some odd reason.

I hope fat boy gets destroyed and leaves the UFC. I'm tired of seeing his fat ass in the ring.

thurley42

HY;FR
I hope fat boy gets destroyed and leaves the UFC. I'm tired of seeing his fat ass in the ring.

:yeahthat:

YouTube - UFC Frank Mir vs. TUF Winner Roy Nelson at Grapplers Quest World's Largest Grappling Event 2003

first match at Grapplers Quest. Nelson was much smaller back then but still obviously a force, and his cardio is out of control for how big he is. Mir is in a real tough spot in this one.......if he loses he is close to done in the UFC, but if he wins he still hasn't really proved he can run with the super heavies.....

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
:yeahthat:

YouTube - UFC Frank Mir vs. TUF Winner Roy Nelson at Grapplers Quest World's Largest Grappling Event 2003

first match at Grapplers Quest. Nelson was much smaller back then but still obviously a force, and his cardio is out of control for how big he is. Mir is in a real tough spot in this one.......if he loses he is close to done in the UFC, but if he wins he still hasn't really proved he can run with the super heavies.....

Great find on the video. I have never been all that impressed with Mir's ways in the past and now that the heavyweight finally has some attention on it, I doubt he will ever match up to the younger big guns nowadays.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
They could call Kevin Harvick and that pussy query eyed little son of a ##### (Kyle Busch) out for 3 rounds!:killingme

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

I don't route for Big Country, but after the beating Dos Santos put on him, and he kept coming back for more... Can't help but have some respect for the guys' will :yay:

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
I don't route for Big Country, but after the beating Dos Santos put on him, and he kept coming back for more... Can't help but have some respect for the guys' will :yay:

I agree, I have always liked his charisma and sense of humor. Although none of that means a crap inside the octagon. He still has a few more fights in him though! Wins against Mir and rematch with Dos Santos after Brock beats him.