Ufc 97

UltimateWarrior

Is anyone really interested in this fight card? It dosent seem to have the same fire as the upcoming events. I think it's definately got potential though. Almost all of these guys finish fights

Apr-18-2009
Middleweight Championship: Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites
Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua
Light Heavyweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (Some would argue that Krzysztof is more skilled... but I dig Stann's style)
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Arthur Cane vs. Steve Cantwell

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yea he's pretty much destroyed his weight class! I'd like to see him try LHW again.

I'd be happy to see him fight any good fighter who isn't 2 feet shorter than him! :lol:

I know that's not fair, but, he has such a terrible advantage over most people because of height.

Is Vera/Silva a good bout or is Brandon just too big?

UltimateWarrior

Vera was a small HW. With his change to LHW, I doubt he cuts very much to make weight. Silva walks around close to 200lbs in between fights and there both listed at 6'2". So really there pretty close to the same size. It'd be a good second test..... although Vera dosen't really stand a chance. Still more of a threat than Irvin.

I'd like to see Silva fight someone like Jardine or Bonnar. A guy who's sort of become a gatekeeper for that division..... and isn't afraid to stand there and bang it out

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Vera was a small HW. With his change to LHW, I doubt he cuts very much to make weight. Silva walks around close to 200lbs in between fights and there both listed at 6'2". So really there pretty close to the same size. It'd be a good second test..... although Vera dosen't really stand a chance. Still more of a threat than Irvin.

I'd like to see Silva fight someone like Jardine or Bonnar. A guy who's sort of become a gatekeeper for that division..... and isn't afraid to stand there and bang it out

Jardine, yeah. I'd think Bonnar and Griff would suffer the same as Franklin?

I'd like to see Vera/Silva :buddies: