Ultram

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Makes me want to :barf:. It's the only side effect I seem to be having but it's bad. Even with a full stomach I feel ill. I'm to take 3 a day until the neck/migraine stuff is resolved. Any ideas on relieving the nausea?

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Makes me want to :barf:. It's the only side effect I seem to be having but it's bad. Even with a full stomach I feel ill. I'm to take 3 a day until the neck/migraine stuff is resolved. Any ideas on relieving the nausea?

It's known for intolerance and if taking it with food doesn't help then ask your doc if you can titrate up on it if you aren't doing that already.

wineo

loving life

I think it is crap, I threw mine away. Didn't help much for pain. Call your Dr. and see if they will presc. Phengran, helps with nausea, but makes you sleep.

Ultram is not for everybody.

Good luck

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It's known for intolerance and if taking it with food doesn't help then ask your doc if you can titrate up on it if you aren't doing that already.

I'm only on 50 mgs 3 times a day (with additional if needed) which is pretty low from what I've read. About 20-30 minutes after I take one I feel sick as hell for at least an hour. Last night I took 2 right after a dinner (full meal) because I was a little sore and I woke up feeling like yak. Ugh. What's weird is even full strength narcotics don't jack my stomach up like this. Imitrex does though and it's supposed to help with nausea. I'm just strange I guess. I'll try two a day for a while and see if I can build up a resistance to the :barf: feeling.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I'm only on 50 mgs 3 times a day (with additional if needed) which is pretty low from what I've read. About 20-30 minutes after I take one I feel sick as hell for at least an hour. Last night I took 2 right after a dinner (full meal) because I was a little sore and I woke up feeling like yak. Ugh. What's weird is even full strength narcotics don't jack my stomach up like this. Imitrex does though and it's supposed to help with nausea. I'm just strange I guess. I'll try two a day for a while and see if I can build up a resistance to the :barf: feeling.

Geesh! :poorbaby:

As per QuickLook Drug Reference:

For patients not requiring rapid onset of effect, tolerability may be improved by starting dose at 25 mg/day and titrating dose by 25 mg every 3 days, until reaching 25 mg 4 times/day. Dose may then be increased by 50 mg every 3 days as tolerated, to reach dose of 50 mg 4 times/day.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Geesh! :poorbaby:

As per QuickLook Drug Reference:

For patients not requiring rapid onset of effect, tolerability may be improved by starting dose at 25 mg/day and titrating dose by 25 mg every 3 days, until reaching 25 mg 4 times/day. Dose may then be increased by 50 mg every 3 days as tolerated, to reach dose of 50 mg 4 times/day.

:love: Thanks. I'll try that. I'm not in "pain" at all, just sore. At this point I'll take the sore over the puke feeling. Nothing is worse than having an upset stomach. :dead:

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I take Ultram. The first few times I took it I thought that I was going to throw up but it got better with time. I make sure that I take it with food - I normally eat a bowl of cereal (frosted mini wheats with milk) and down it. I'm not sure if taking it with milk helps me or if it's just a mental thing, but I don't get as sick as I did before.

Does ibuprofen work for you? Aleve?

Sometimes I'll take two or three ibuprofen and that works better than Ultram.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I take Ultram. The first few times I took it I thought that I was going to throw up but it got better with time. I make sure that I take it with food - I normally eat a bowl of cereal (frosted mini wheats with milk) and down it. I'm not sure if taking it with milk helps me or if it's just a mental thing, but I don't get as sick as I did before.

Does ibuprofen work for you? Aleve?

Sometimes I'll take two or three ibuprofen and that works better than Ultram.

I'm an over the counter NSAI junkie and am not allowed to take anymore. :lol:

lovinmaryland

I think it is crap, I threw mine away. Didn't help much for pain. Call your Dr. and see if they will presc. Phengran, helps with nausea, but makes you sleep.

Ultram is not for everybody.

Good luck

It is an anti nausea medicine and i have some at the house if you want to try that?