Un-Registered Firearms

Bare-ya-cuda

I didn’t know where else to stick this so I went with chit chat.

I see all these hood rats getting g pulled over or arrested with firearms and one of the charges are unregistered firearm. What constitutes an unregistered firearm in Maryland? I know of NFA SBR and SBS but have only seen a couple arrayed with that charge.

Grumpy

I see all these hood rats getting g pulled over or arrested with firearms and one of the charges are unregistered firearm. What constitutes an unregistered firearm in Maryland? I know of NFA SBR and SBS but have only seen a couple arrayed with that charge.
Maybe an old gun that was had before the need to register?? I dunno, I'm curious too, since I've seen that charge alot in recent popo reports.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Maybe an old gun that was had before the need to register?? I dunno, I'm curious too, since I've seen that charge alot in recent popo reports.
I think somewhere in the past decade or two Maryland made it a requirement to register handguns when you move to Maryland or anytime it changes hands.

black dog

Free America

I'll start with a a private transfer that was done after Md started mandatory nics checks on regulated firearms. Handguns and other state regulated firearms need have required State paperwork and a nics check to be in the State Database.

NFA are federal laws...

Bare-ya-cuda

I'll start with a a private transfer that was done after Md started mandatory nics checks on regulated firearms. Handguns and other state regulated firearms need have required State paperwork and a nics check to be in the State Database.

NFA are federal laws...
What about moving into the state. I read you have to report regulates firearms to the state police.

Was there a year they started this?

Tech

If you legally purchase a pistol when living in another state then move to Maryland. Do you need to register?

black dog

Free America
What about moving into the state. I read you have to report regulates firearms to the state police.

Yes one has X amount of days to do that.
Off my memory handguns and regulated firearms private transfer stopped around 96????
One can do it through a ffl or your local State Police Barracks.... Handgun purchase through a ffl background checks started in Md with the 7 day for mail to go back and fourth from ffl to SP and back to ffl in 1969 after the 68GCA

UglyBear

2013, I think. If you can prove that it was purchased in MD or you moved to MD before that, no problem . Also heard that their database was wiped at least twice after that, and MSP lost all the records.

black dog

Free America
2013, I think. If you can prove that it was purchased in MD or you moved to MD before that, no problem . Also heard that their database was wiped at least twice after that, and MSP lost all the records.
Ive never heard the base has been wiped. Any links to that. I would bet the State still has there copy of the paperwork that was filled out at the time of transfers. That legal sized white long form that has been around for awhile...

Bare-ya-cuda

Copied from the Maryland shooter site:

8. Anyone who moves into the state would be required to register "all regulated firearms" with 90 days after establishing residency (see page 52). This would apply to all handguns, except muzzleloaders and antiques (pre-1899), no matter when or where they were acquired. The registration requirement also be applied to any "assault" firearm that was lawfully possessed by the new resident prior to October 1, 2013. There will be a $15 application charge, which will cover any number of handguns/regulated firearms. It appears to me that criminal penalties would apply for failure to register a handgun within 90 days, but I would appreciate some lawyer well versed in the criminal code looking at that question. If I am right, a new resident might find grandpa's old service revolver in a trunk in a few years, take it down to the local gun shop to sell it, and end up arrested for failure to register the handgun within 90 days of establishing residency.

I read the actual bill and it is be very clear.