Unemployment Insurance Questions

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's the first time I've ever applied. In my 60 years. :lol: I thought you needed to say you're looking for work - that's what I was "told" by someone who has done this before said to do. Anyhoo, due to the COVID-19 situation, there are a lot of different issues that needed clarifying. Since you don't have to search for work -they've waived that and I only saw later in the 1,000's of pages of information (and I've printed out a crap ton of them. :rolleyes:) Consequently, I thought I filed my 2nd WEBCERTcorrectly, but I realize I answered two of the questions wrong, and I need to correct.

I see somewhere in the 1,000's of pages of information that they will call you if they see a descrepancy. I've tried to be proactive and found an email address - and sent an email. I also tried to call. I finally got thru after an hour of trying once you get thru to the number and select the options to speak to someone - they say if you're calling to speak to someone - try later.

sigh I know it's a high volume call time, and all that. So I guess I just wait. Do they call you?

phreddyp

It's the first time I've ever applied. In my 60 years. :lol: I thought you needed to say you're looking for work - that's what I was "told" by someone who has done this before said to do. Anyhoo, due to the COVID-19 situation, there are a lot of different issues that needed clarifying. Since you don't have to search for work -they've waived that and I only saw later in the 1,000's of pages of information (and I've printed out a crap ton of them. :rolleyes:) Consequently, I thought I filed my 2nd WEBCERTcorrectly, but I realize I answered two of the questions wrong, and I need to correct.

I see somewhere in the 1,000's of pages of information that they will call you if they see a descrepancy. I've tried to be proactive and found an email address - and sent an email. I also tried to call. I finally got thru after an hour of trying once you get thru to the number and select the options to speak to someone - they say if you're calling to speak to someone - try later.

sigh I know it's a high volume call time, and all that. So I guess I just wait. Do they call you?
Yes they will or will write , may take a little while though they are certainly swamped.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Usually they contact your employer for verification and then the checks start. I don't recall any of the employees I've had to lay off over the years (only 3 in 21 years of business) ever mention it being a difficult application.

Bann

PREMO Member
Usually they contact your employer for verification and then the checks start. I don't recall any of the employees I've had to lay off over the years (only 3 in 21 years of business) ever mention it being a difficult application.
It's not at all! There are a lot of pages of information to read, though. LOTS more due to the COVID thing.

I was answering yes or no to like 5 questions. I didn't answer 2 of them right.

Bann

PREMO Member
Five years ago you had to be actively applying - three places per week if I recall correctly and you had to be able to prove it.

This was interesting - "During this period of dramatically changing labor market conditions, the Division might not require claimants to search for jobs, but may instead require claimants to perform other reemployment activities, such as creating a resume, completing online classes and training courses, or completing other approved online tasks that prepare the claimant to become reemployed in a future, stabilized labor market."

I read somewhere - Forbes I think that an additional $600 per week was being added to weekly benefits - if I read it right. https://www.forbes.com/sites/adviso...mployment-benefits-for-covid-19/#31d74a0836e4
I read all of that. I don't have to search for work at all during the COVID thing, if that is why you are unemployed.

BUT, I answered 2 questions "opposite" of how I think I should have, considering. I was wondering if that would kick it out or if they'd call me when they saw a descrepancy. (different from last week, etc) .

I guess I'll wait and see! :lol:

I remember hearing more than once they were waiving the requirement to be actively seeking work during this COVID19 event.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I remember hearing more than once they were waiving the requirement to be actively seeking work during this COVID19 event.
I stopped by Weis in PF yesterday and was surprised they were training new guy. Guess they needed the help but I figured nobody would be hiring during all this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Five years ago you had to be actively applying - three places per week if I recall correctly and you had to be able to prove it.

This is still true ..... however my mandatory class on resumes took the place of one job search that week ..... IE I only needed to file 2 and the class

-unemployed Feb / July 2019

Bann

PREMO Member
They are. My question was more about the webcert thing you file weekly. I thought I HAD to answer yes, or they'd kick it out.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I stopped by Weis in PF yesterday and was surprised they were training new guy. Guess they needed the help but I figured nobody would be hiring during all this.
A lot of supermarkets are steadily hiring. I see Aldi, Costco and Sam's Club ads all the time on my FB feed.

Bann

PREMO Member
@Bann have you received your debit card yet or even confirmation that your application has been approved?

I have gotten information that my application was received and the amount I'd receive once all the employer stuff was done. (The last day to dispute anything from that notificatioin is 4/9.) Haven't gotten that debit card yet, nor an exact "approval" or denial.

I just filed the "2nd weekly Certification" yesterday.

mitzi

It's hard to say. In the past if you gave the "wrong" answer on the web cert, it would disqualify you for that week. With everything that's going on now and the changes, it's really hard to say. I guess I'm not much help, just saying how it was in the past (10 plus years ago).

black dog

Free America
A lot of supermarkets are steadily hiring. I see Aldi, Costco and Sam's Club ads all the time on my FB feed.
Same out here, most factorys and distribution centers are constantly hiring right now. 14 to 35 bucks and hour for line workers to skilled trades.

Bann

PREMO Member
In my case, it's meant to be a temporary job layoff. I've got a job to go back to when they re-open. We're not "essential" essential, but we're a necessary service-oriented business with a very large customer base. Not saying they will be at 100% right away, but we will be needed.

Hopefully. Sometime. :lol:

awpitt

Main Streeter
I have gotten information that my application was received and the amount I'd receive once all the employer stuff was done. (The last day to dispute anything from that notificatioin is 4/9.) Haven't gotten that debit card yet, nor an exact "approval" or denial.

I just filed the "2nd weekly Certification" yesterday.
How long was it from the time you submitted your initial application and when you got an acknowledgement that it was in progress with the employer stuff? My son submitted his this past Thursday.

Bann

PREMO Member
How long was it from the time you submitted your initial application and when you got an acknowledgement that it was in progress with the employer stuff? My son submitted his this past Thursday.

Last day of work: 3/23
Filed 3/24.
Received the State of REported Wages and Monetary Eligibility on 4/1/20.
Filled out my request to withhold taxes and went to the PO and mailed out that same day.

No Debit card in the mail - in fact I just checked the WEBCERT page and here's the message: (which means I haven't even been paid yet for the 1st week)

Our records indicate that you have already filed your weekly claim certification by Webcert for the week ending 04/11/2020. You may not file again for the same week.
RECENT PAYMENT HISTORY

����
The payment data displayed is updated daily and will not be updated again until the next business day.
No payments have been issued in the past 30 days

awpitt

Main Streeter
Last day of work: 3/23
Filed 3/24.
Received the State of REported Wages and Monetary Eligibility on 4/1/20.
Filled out my request to withhold taxes and went to the PO and mailed out that same day.

No Debit card in the mail - in fact I just checked the WEBCERT page and here's the message: (which means I haven't even been paid yet for the 1st week)

Okay. About a week. So, my son might hear something at the end of this week.

Thanks.