Unemployment Insurance Questions

awpitt

Main Streeter
Update on my earlier post: My payment record on Beacon now appears correct AND the data from the BOA debit card website matches what Beacon shows. Three payments starting WE 4/25.

Now, I had to go back and check. As of today, Beacon shows the last two weeks of payments. Basically, the payments resulting from Webcerts done through Beacon. The previous three weeks of payments do not show up.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Got my debit card today. A whole lot of freaking money - over $5,000.00 at one damn time. Of course, I want the money and have gladly transferred it to my savings account. Of course, I have gone back to work now and if business does well enough, I won't need to worry about being laid off. If I have to take off sick, then I have the money there, too.

It has PISSED ME OFF royally, but I had the money set aside for emergencies and I was really not suffering. However, I wish to HELL other people did not have to go through this!! I will tell you that I have written emails to the leadership at the Republican Women Leaders Club of Maryland, I have also wirtten to Mark Fisher to let him know of this miserable situation (which I'm sure he knew about - because - who has not heard about Maryland's UI mess) AND I wrote to the Governor's office.

I am going to keep advocating for this, too. It's crazy. I have also heard that other states were worse than Maryland. I don't care. I live here and I pay taxes and there is NO EXCUSE that it took 7 weeks to get that much money to my family. It's a crime - is what it is. So, I will be making sure my voice is heard in the areas that I can make it heard. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member

Filled out my last Weekly Certification for MD UI today. :yahoo:
I worked a full week, so I am no longer considered unemployed. Let's see if it takes them 7 weeks to STOP that payment coming. :killingme

Another glitch in their "notification system" - this is the THIRD week that I got the text message as soon as I logged into the BEACON website to file. I think the purpose of a notification system is to remind you to do something. It's pointless to text me to alert me that I have an "action item" when I am logging into the the system. :rolleyes:

stgislander

PREMO Member
View attachment 148257

Filled out my last Weekly Certification for MD UI today. :yahoo:
I worked a full week, so I am no longer considered unemployed. Let's see if it takes them 7 weeks to STOP that payment coming. :killingme

Another glitch in their "notification system" - this is the THIRD week that I got the text message as soon as I logged into the BEACON website to file. I think the purpose of a notification system is to remind you to do something. It's pointless to text me to alert me that I have an "action item" when I am logging into the the system. :rolleyes:
Okay, good to know I'm not the only one that noticed that "glitch".

Are you notifying them you are no longer unemployed, or are you just not completing the weekly certification anymore?

Bann

PREMO Member
Okay, good to know I'm not the only one that noticed that "glitch".

Are you notifying them you are no longer unemployed, or are you just not completing the weekly certification anymore?
All I did was fill out the certification today. The system (screenshot) told me that my income was too high to qualify and now that I'm no longer employed I won't be getting UI anymore. :yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member
All I did was fill out the certification today. The system (screenshot) told me that my income was too high to qualify and now that I'm no longer employed I won't be getting UI anymore. :yay:
Hmmm... I wonder what to do when you go back to work (since manufacturing can start back up) but you're still not getting paid. That will be next weeks certification conundrum.

Bann

PREMO Member
Hmmm... I wonder what to do when you go back to work (since manufacturing can start back up) but you're still not getting paid. That will be next weeks certification conundrum.
I think I might have actually filled it out wrong. I did not actually get paid yet. I won't get paid until Wednesday. I put down the hours that I worked and how much it was going to be. 🤪

I don't freaking care anymore I just want to be done with the stupid thing.

mitzi

I think I might have actually filled it out wrong. I did not actually get paid yet. I won't get paid until Wednesday. I put down the hours that I worked and how much it was going to be. 🤪

I don't freaking care anymore I just want to be done with the stupid thing.

Did you ever get the card in the mail or a payment?

Bann

PREMO Member
Good news! I missed it if you posted it. I have a friend who applied in mid March and as of Friday, still had not heard anything from them. She's in a panic and running out of money.
That's awful. I hope she hears soon.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Same for my son. He got his 5th week's payment yesterday yet Beacon has no record of payments.
It appears that on 5/11 monies began being allocated towards my wife's PUA claim, but she's still not received her approval letter from DOL and no sign of any money yet.

Wondering1

I was laid off on 4/17. I filed my unemployment that same day. I have yet to receive my card and when I’m logged into beacon it says “
There are no Payment Information on this claim.”
How much longer do I have to wait to receive a card and have access to my funds? This is super frustrating.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was laid off on 4/17. I filed my unemployment that same day. I have yet to receive my card and when I’m logged into beacon it says “
How much longer do I have to wait to receive a card and have access to my funds? This is super frustrating.
Sounds to me like it didn't take and you've missed a few weeks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Are you sure your employer promptly filled out and returned the verification form?

Wondering1

Sounds to me like it didn't take and you've missed a few weeks.
Why wouldn’t it take and why would I miss a few weeks? I filed every week since being unemployed. My employer filled out the required paperwork in due time. What’s left for me to do?

stgislander

PREMO Member
You
Why wouldn’t it take and why would I miss a few weeks? I filed every week since being unemployed. My employer filled out the required paperwork in due time. What’s left for me to do?
You gotta call them. Have you claim number handy and be prepared to wait.