Unexpected Surprise

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Seems the only place I can reliably get light cream these days is Harris Teeter, so I stopped in while I was running errands. As I'm walking thru the store, I'm also thinking about what I might do for Christmas and New Year dinners, maybe something different....

And there it was. In the freezer case by seafood. Whole pheasant. Always wanted to try it, and not expensive considering. Slightly larger than a cornish hen, about $8. Then I spot something else, right next to the pheasant.... Turducken. Large turkey breast size, not a whole turkey, just thaw and cook. Kinda pricey, originally $79 marked to $59. What the hell.... got one. Rang it out at the register, $39, and another $5 off with my VIC card. Ok, much better.

So, all set for the holidays.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Not yet, you still need Piecaken:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol:
Well, I got a cheesecake and a box of petit fours, so maybe I can do something with that....add some ice cream...

Are you suuuuuuure? :really:

I made a piecaken for TG years ago - cherry pie wrapped in chocolate cake, covered in chocolate ganache - and everyone raved about it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The southern poultry collage utilizes a pelican instead of the duck.

UglyBear

Seems the only place I can reliably get light cream these days is Harris Teeter, so I stopped in while I was running errands. As I'm walking thru the store, I'm also thinking about what I might do for Christmas and New Year dinners, maybe something different....

And there it was. In the freezer case by seafood. Whole pheasant. Always wanted to try it, and not expensive considering. Slightly larger than a cornish hen, about $8. Then I spot something else, right next to the pheasant.... Turducken. Large turkey breast size, not a whole turkey, just thaw and cook. Kinda pricey, originally $79 marked to $59. What the hell.... got one. Rang it out at the register, $39, and another $5 off with my VIC card. Ok, much better.

What time you coming over for dinner?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Step 1: you engage your awesome culinary talents and cook a delicious dinner
Step 2: place such dinner in heat-retaining containers
Step 3: I welcome you at my house
Step 4: we consume the delicious dinner, while indulging in merriment and singing praises to your various talents .
happiness all around!!! Ta da!

I'm thinking you're gonna have to sweeten the pot. :lol:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Random thought:
Regarding the pheasant, I thought maybe the classic 'pheasant under glass'. But if you put it under a glass dish, wouldn't the steam cloud the glass making it hard to see what's under there? And if you let it sit long enough to not fog the glass, it would be unappetizingly cold?

More research....