Uniblue Registry Booster 2012

ginwoman

This is supposed to fix all these errors on your computer. It says I have like 200 errors. But it cost $29.95 a year. Do you think this is BS or work purchasing?

Baz

This. ------------------>
This is supposed to fix all these errors on your computer. It says I have like 200 errors. But it cost $29.95 a year. Do you think this is BS or work purchasing?

It's a good idea to have a registry cleaner/booster, especially if you've had your computer for a while and never cleaned it up. I can't vouch for Uniblue personally (I use Norton 360), but I get the impression it's not a scam or ripoff.

Here's an in-depth review (with video) of it.
Registry Booster 2012 Review

If I didn't have a registry cleaner already, I'd probably give this a try. Either alone or as part of their suite.

(BTW, on the right side of that page are links to other registry/system boosting programs, in case you want to compare Uniblue to other options.)

ginwoman

Thanks Baz. I have McAfee Total Protection for a virus protector so would this Uniblue (or something similar) still be helpful or necessary?

Baz

This. ------------------>
Thanks Baz. I have McAfee Total Protection for a virus protector so would this Uniblue (or something similar) still be helpful or necessary?

McAfee Total Protection doesn't appear to address the registry (at least from what I could find), so you would need to get a seperate registry cleaner.

Keep in mind I can't vouch for how much of a perfomance boost you might see, but I would get one for myself if I didn't have one.

merc669

CCleaner - Its free and works great. Microsoft Security Essentials is all I use for Virus checking.

Bill

somdfunguy

not impressed
Save your money and just reload the OS. If you are having registry issues you most likely will never fix them correctly.