University of Miami Football Player Murdered

mainman

Set Trippin
nachomama said:
A season of turmoil at the University of Miami turned tragic Tuesday night when senior Bryan Pata was shot and killed at his off-campus apartment complex. No word on the status of Saturday's game against Maryland...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2653361

I was listening to Espn radio last night, and at that time as far as they knew the game was still on, as it is a relatively important game for MD... There is no suitable reschedule date at this time...:shrug:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
mainman said:
I was listening to Espn radio last night, and at that time as far as they knew the game was still on, as it is a relatively important game for MD... There is no suitable reschedule date at this time...:shrug:

Gawd, I hope so. I've been looking forward to this game for over a month!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
As a high school football recruit why would any kid want to go to this school and put yourself in this environment that the UM as become so accustomed to?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
AK-74me said:
As a high school football recruit why would any kid want to go to this school and put yourself in this environment that the UM as become so accustomed to?

I know, when I heard about the fight that broke out at their game a couple weeks ago, then this...One of my daughter's friends just transferred to Univ. of Miami this year for baseball. I hope he watches himself...:nono:

mainman

Set Trippin
nachomama said:
I know, when I heard about the fight that broke out at their game a couple weeks ago, then this...One of my daughter's friends just transferred to Univ. of Miami this year for baseball. I hope he watches himself...:nono:
For what it's worth...
A source close to the football program said there had been no discussion of postponing Saturday's game at the University of Maryland.
Clipped from....http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2006/11/08/c1c_um_1108.html