Unspeakable Truths about Racial Inequality in America

Smokey1

A friend posted this over on the old Sun Board. Of course none of those leftists have responded. The article is dead on, try to read it to the end.

The first unspeakable truth: Downplaying behavioral disparities by race is actually a “bluff”
Socially mediated behavioral issues lie at the root of today’s racial inequality problem. They are real and must be faced squarely if we are to grasp why racial disparities persist. This is a painful necessity. Activists on the Left of American politics claim that “white supremacy,” “implicit bias,” and old-fashioned “anti-black racism” are sufficient to account for black disadvantage. But this is a bluff that relies on “cancel culture” to be sustained. Those making such arguments are, in effect, daring you to disagree with them. They are threatening to “cancel” you if you do not accept their account: You must be a “racist”; you must believe something is intrinsically wrong with black people if you do not attribute pathological behavior among them to systemic injustice. You must think blacks are inferior, for how else could one explain the disparities? “Blaming the victim” is the offense they will convict you of, if you’re lucky.

Hijinx

Let me pout this bluntly.

Not many blacks that are not intellectuals as this man considers himself to be will pay much attention to this man's writing
They will just say he is an Uncle Tom and go on with their lives thinking how badly they are being treated.

Normal Blacks---if there is such a thing-- do not recognize the opinion of educated blacks or intellectual blacks who do not comport themselves in the manner to which they believe they should. They just believe that education and superior mental abilities are corrupted By da White Debbil.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If white supremacy is the root cause of problems for minorities, why aren't those issues the same for all minorities? Can this invisible supremacy manage to skip 1 group while causing irreversible harm to a different group?

How does WS factor in to personal responsibility issues? Is that the cause of teen pregnancies, school drop outs, and drug usage among minorities? If so, I'd like to see that flow chart.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wow. I'm saving that in the event I get tired hearing about "white privilege" and "systyemic racism" at church.

BOP

If white supremacy is the root cause of problems for minorities, why aren't those issues the same for all minorities? Can this invisible supremacy manage to skip 1 group while causing irreversible harm to a different group?

How does WS factor in to personal responsibility issues? Is that the cause of teen pregnancies, school drop outs, and drug usage among minorities? If so, I'd like to see that flow chart.
Questioning the Narrative™ is racist.

Flow charts are racist.

You racist.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now that I've read the piece....

I have no doubt there are any number of white progressives who would be happy to set him straight. I'll be surprised if Brown and MI don't fire him. All that truth must make them break out in hives.

I always forget about Quillette even though I enjoy the writing AND the comments. I need to bookmark it so I remember.

Reactions: BOP