URGENT!! YouTube Purge: They're About To Clean House

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maza came from Media Matters which was started by gay lover of Democrat Barney Frank,

:barf: :twitch: :shocking:

:smack: Thanks that is a vision I did not need ......

I believe. I don't know any of the players on either side, other than what I've read/heard relative to this.

Sad that YouTube caved so easily to whining. I'm hoping that their strategy is just to ban everything, including the leftie stuff to say, well, if this is how you want it...

TimPool / Timcast makes a good point this driven by Big Media Like NBC backing VOX driving completion from the market all the while YouTube is starting to push These Media Companies as authoritative

Reactions: BOP

gemma_rae

"The tree of freedom must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants from time to time"

^Think YouTube would ban this quote today?^

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
TimPool / Timcast makes a good point this driven by Big Media Like NBC backing VOX driving completion from the market all the while YouTube is starting to push These Media Companies as authoritative
The old adage, FOLLOW THE MONEY, tends to be true more often than most, in my humble experience. The word I normally use is eluding me, but often times the goals of many diverse interests can come together to force an outcome that benefits them all. In this example:

-- The corporate media seeks to re-establish their dominance in the propaganda-peddling market
-- The LGBTQ feels they have scored a victory for acceptance
-- The establishment/powers-that-be sink another ship in the independent small media that has been making it difficult to sell the same old propaganda which allows them to maintain control/power
-- The lefties feel they have scored a victory over the righties

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As of today there is still a lot of hate-spewing by the prog crowd directed at a number of conservative posters AND our President and his family.

I'm guessing the new rules don't apply to them.

MiddleGround

If YouTube does indeed listen to the "broader public" then all Crowder needs to do is call for his followers to inundate YouTube with requests for Vox to be demonetized.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Finally found it

Reducing borderline content and raising up authoritative voices

In addition to removing videos that violate our policies, we also want to reduce the spread of content that comes right up to the line. In January, we piloted an update of our systems in the U.S. to limit recommendations of borderline content and harmful misinformation, such as videos promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, or claiming the earth is flat. We’re looking to bring this updated system to more countries by the end of 2019. Thanks to this change, the number of views this type of content gets from recommendations has dropped by over 50% in the U.S. Our systems are also getting smarter about what types of videos should get this treatment, and we’ll be able to apply it to even more borderline videos moving forward. As we do this, we’ll also start raising up more authoritative content in recommendations, building on the changes we made to news last year. For example, if a user is watching a video that comes close to violating our policies, our systems may include more videos from authoritative sources (like top news channels) in the "watch next" panel.

So YouTube is becoming a Shill for the BIG Media Companies Like NBC - Who Controls VOX Via 256 Million Dollar Contributions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I’m going to assume that Vox has never actually sat to watch a Crowder video except to find times that he’s said things about Maza. If they had, they would have found that Crowder actively discourages harassment and doxxing. Still, Crowder was just the excuse Vox needed to initiate a much larger plan, and their plan is sadly working to the detriment of many innocent YouTubers.

The hypocrisy that comes into the equation for Vox, however, is that it has proven not to care about edgy, dark humor. In the past, Vox promoted a popular YouTuber named Filthy Frank who uses shock comedy that bashes everyone, and I mean everyone.

Vox was pushed to do a profile on Filthy Frank by his fans, and Vox was only too happy to do so. In 2017 — just two years ago — its review of Filthy Frank was released and now has almost 3 million views. While Vox acknowledges that Frank says horrible things, including about the LGBT community, it’s okay because he’s just playing a character similar to puppeteer comedian Jeff Dunham or “Family Guy” actor/writer Seth MacFarlane.

Filthy Frank pulls no punches and even openly says the word “******” without bleeping it. In one video, he comedically apologized — much like Crowder did — for saying certain things, especially against the LGBT community. This video ended with a song with the lyrics “… you’re gay now / you’re a giant ****** and you should kill yourself.”

Vox Is Destroying YouTube Over Crowder, But It’s Actually Promoted Edgy Anti-LGBT Humor Recently

BOP

The Government doesn't need to infringe anyone's speech - giant tech companies are doing it for them. And by "them," I mean the Demonrat party. Under Demonrats, media functions as a 4th arm of government, while the giant tech companies function as a kind of 5th arm. Appropriate if you know anything about the so-called "5th Columnists."