US Army Troops Mess With Iraqi Kids

Bustem' Down said:
It was stupid. Acting like that will get them killed.
Yeah, you'd think they'd want to be watching the roof tops, windows and side streets.
We used to drive down the streets of ********* though and throw out coins. Not to tease, but when we ran out the kids would continue to chase us.

Bonehead

Sorry Elaine. Teasing is a little different than withholding an item that is required to stay alive in a friggin war zone.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Oh please, I have been to many counties where the kids chase you for anything and any reason... What they need to do is tell these stupid fcuks to leave their freakin video cameras home... :coffee:

If you watch the video, there is a lot of water on the streets which means the neighborhood HAS water and at the end of a video he dropped the water down so WTF...

Last edited:
chernmax said:
Oh please, I have been to many counties where the kids chase you for anything and any reason... What they need to do is tell these stupid fcuks to leave their freakin video cameras home... :coffee:
And no pictures from inside prisons either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bonehead said:
Sorry Elaine. Teasing is a little different than withholding an item that is required to stay alive in a friggin war zone.
Your screen name suits you.

Gwydion

I think its funny that the ONE bottle of wter they drop ends up in the hands of the kids who didn't even run after it!

Bonehead

Everyone in entitled to their opinion Vrai....ever been over seas or to any third world country. It might very well open up your eyes but then again your $hit doesn't stink ....right ?

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Bonehead said:
Everyone in entitled to their opinion Vrai....ever been over seas or to any third world country. It might very well open up your eyes but then again your $hit doesn't stink ....right ?

I lived overseas and visited many third world countries, your original post was way over the top. And I'll bet that vehicle was out on patrol and the water that soldier did finally give up was probably his own. Many times in my drives through third world countries, the kids would chase us just to say hi, beg for money, candy, or whatever was in our pockets. Although the video was not too PC, **** it, people just need to get over stupid sh!t!!! :coffee:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
It is unfortunate that some knucklehead had to video tape that thinking it was funny. No matter how wrong it is those boys(soldiers) are under a ton of pressure and its easy for them to have just a tiny bit of hate when it comes to the people in the country who they are trying to save from extinction because some guy wants to die for Allah. You can sit there and say "well, we shouldn't be there". I agree but we are there and that's that. Those of us that were and are in the military probably have a better understanding of why we do what we do at times. They showed poor judgement but you have to see things through their eyes.

Off my box now.

Bonehead

I guess all my experiences were in West Africa, India, SRI Lanka, Yemen mostly middle eastern countries. Life didn't have much value unless you were upper caste. Women, kids and the lower caste people were treated just a little better than animals. I understand those troops are serving in hell right now for for a cause that is vague at best. It still does not condone some of the actions that have occured. I agree leave your video camera at home unless you wish to be critcized later on, out of context.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
desertrat said:
Yeah, you'd think they'd want to be watching the roof tops, windows and side streets.
We used to drive down the streets of ********* though and throw out coins. Not to tease, but when we ran out the kids would continue to chase us.
German kids loved C-Rations..

Gwydion

I think the only way this would have been fcuked up is if one guy was holding the water bottle as the other guy picked off the little guys running after it with his gun.

He gave them water. Maybe the soldier had just gotten done giving these little guys physicals and realized their muscles were deteriorating and they needed exercise to live through the night. Maybe he was HELPING them by making them run!

And as a poster above mentioned...it was probably HIS OWN water.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
chernmax said:
Oh please, I have been to many counties where the kids chase you for anything and any reason... What they need to do is tell these stupid ####s to leave their freakin video cameras home... :coffee:

If you watch the video, there is a lot of water on the streets which means the neighborhood HAS water and at the end of a video he dropped the water down so WTF...

I didn't noticed that at first, there is water in the streets so guess it is coming from somewhere. I still for bad for any child living in bad conditions.