US Army's new uniforms a throwback to WWII

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
We (Army folks) have been arguing, politicking, nudging, annoying, etc. for a return to "Pinks and Greens" since at least the late 1970s when the Army ditched the Summer Khakis and brown Class A shirt and went to the bus driver "Greens" Class A uniform for both summer and winter uniforms.

Glad to see someone finally got the message (though about 10 years too late for me to enjoy; yes, I would have bought them if only to retire in them!).

The downside is that the Army tinkered a bit too much with them. A sop to someone/something, but not sure yet. Wished they had just went with the same uniform and options, but with modern (non-wool) fabrics.

--- End of line (MCP)

stgislander

PREMO Member
We (Army folks) have been arguing, politicking, nudging, annoying, etc. for a return to "Pinks and Greens" since at least the late 1970s when the Army ditched the Summer Khakis and brown Class A shirt and went to the bus driver "Greens" Class A uniform for both summer and winter uniforms.

Glad to see someone finally got the message (though about 10 years too late for me to enjoy; yes, I would have bought them if only to retire in them!).

The downside is that the Army tinkered a bit too much with them. A sop to someone/something, but not sure yet. Wished they had just went with the same uniform and options, but with modern (non-wool) fabrics.

--- End of line (MCP)
Do they still tuck the tie into the shirt?