US Navy's anti discrimination pledge

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Any active duty members here that have taken the pledge?

Not knowing what intersectional identities are, I'd want their definition before stating that pledge.

If 1 of my lived experiences is that most females can't lift as heavy an object as most males, when sharing that gained information, does that establish an inclusive, team-oriented environment?

I pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and intersectional identities of every Sailor in the Navy. I pledge to engage in ongoing self-reflection, education and knowledge sharing to better myself and my communities. I pledge to be an example in establishing healthy, inclusive and team-oriented environments. I pledge to constructively share all experiences and information gained from activities above to inform the development of Navywide reforms.

Navy task force recommends pledge to respect 'intersectional identities' in attempt to combat all forms of discrimination (washingtonexaminer.com)

glhs837

Power with Control
"I pledge to engage in ongoing self-reflection, education and knowledge sharing to better myself and my communities "

"I pledge to constructively share all experiences and information gained from activities above to inform the development of Navywide reforms. "

What that kids say? I cant even with this........

black dog

Free America
America needs to relearn that our armed services are not a social experiment.
Perhaps another war like WW1 or WW2 would remind them.

limblips

PREMO Member
We are soooooo phucked, bring back the draft and end this stupid shiit. :mad:
For God's sake no! It is bad enough they have to deal with the volunteers what would it be like if they had to deal with a bunch of butt hurt snowflake draftees?

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

For God's sake no! It is bad enough they have to deal with the volunteers what would it be like if they had to deal with a bunch of butt hurt snowflake draftees?
Having known and served with several draftee's the vast majority pulled their weight and could lift far more than the average wave that had their own physical standards.

WingsOfGold

America needs to relearn that our armed services are not a social experiment.
Perhaps another war like WW1 or WW2 would remind them.
We wouldn't stand a chance. :( That being said the majority after 2 years have 4 rows of geedunk participation ribbons so upon their deaths they have that going for them.

FTS

I pledge to study my craft and be the foremost expert in the world in my profession, and if the order is given I will use that knowledge to blow my enemies directly to their chosen vision of afterlife.
I hope something to that effect is in there.

Monello

PREMO Member
The current administration is more interested in hair styles & maternity flight suits. I got that from the CinC, not some unnamed source at the pentagon.

black dog

Free America
The current administration is more interested in hair styles & maternity flight suits. I got that from the CinC, not some unnamed source at the pentagon.

Let us ponder this, a Navy Officer thats pregnant in a flight suit thats been shot down behind enemy lines in the next war.

• Sad
Reactions: BOP

Monello

PREMO Member
Let us ponder this, a Navy Officer thats pregnant in a flight suit thats been shot down behind enemy lines in the next war.
At least she will have plenty of space in her roomy flight suit when they stuff her into the tiger cage.

BOP

Groper Joe* "Give me a hairdo that I can really get my schnoz into!"