US Open; Oudin-ee is on 2 nite!

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
Oudin has some severe talent for being 17. Being able to handle the spot light that well for so long in a major. All props to her, but she got outplayed badly last night. And the Federer match was just sad to watch. Even though Soderling started to actually play at the end Federer was at the top of his game and crushed him. It seemed as if Federer dropped his game a little to make the match more interesting for TV.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oudin has some severe talent for being 17. Being able to handle the spot light that well for so long in a major. All props to her, but she got outplayed badly last night. And the Federer match was just sad to watch. Even though Soderling started to actually play at the end Federer was at the top of his game and crushed him. It seemed as if Federer dropped his game a little to make the match more interesting for TV.

I wouldn't say she's talented as much as she is tenacious. Her game is rather limited compared to the better players. Petrova moved her around and dominated her when she wasn't making a barrage of unforced errors. Melanie simply played for Petrova to make a mistake, doggedly staying in points. I don't think she had a single ace to Pertova's dozen or so.

Roger is just amazing. I agree with you; it looked like he was just toying with him!

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
I wouldn't say she's talented as much as she is tenacious. Her game is rather limited compared to the better players. Petrova moved her around and dominated her when she wasn't making a barrage of unforced errors. Melanie simply played for Petrova to make a mistake, doggedly staying in points. I don't think she had a single ace to Pertova's dozen or so.

Roger is just amazing. I agree with you; it looked like he was just toying with him!

I dunno, I started watching tennis a few years ago (back when Sharapova was hot #### rank 3rd) and the womens side has just been a giant running joke. Breaks don't matter in womens tennis nearly as much as holding serve. The rankings are completely useless in determining the winner of a match outside of the Serena sisters. I still remember back when the long standing #1 Jankovic couldn't win a single game but stayed #1 for something like a year because she wouldn't play.

I really dislike womens tennis unless there is a specifically interesting match like last night.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Federer is totally in a class by himself, when he is on his game, he's way above anyone else that has ever played the game.

Ever???

How about place and time? I mean, do you think he would be doing this to a 28 year old Borg? Mac? Lendl?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Ever???

How about place and time? I mean, do you think he would be doing this to a 28 year old Borg? Mac? Lendl?

Ever...Granted, I never saw some of legends pre 1965 or so, but no one has ever played with his speed and power on a hard/grass court. You could argue about clay. Borg, McEnroe, Lendl,..etal never played a 'power' player with Federer's speed and control. He is and has been the most dominant player in his sport for quite a while, IMHO.