US Troops

red_explorer

Thank you for all the kind words. :huggy:

I am just really happy that DH will be able to come home for his brother's funeral. DH is having a tough time. It's my hubby's 5th time over there. It was his lil brothers 1st time overseas. He had only been in Afganistan for 2 and 1/2 months.

Thanks again :huggy:

Sending you and your family hugs and prayers...

mamaof1

So sorry for your loss. My husband is active duty and my son leaves for boot camp in January. I say a prayer every single day to protect our military folks and bring them home safely to their loved ones. May the memories of the times you shared carry you through.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Thank you for all the kind words. :huggy:

I am just really happy that DH will be able to come home for his brother's funeral. DH is having a tough time. It's my hubby's 5th time over there. It was his lil brothers 1st time overseas. He had only been in Afganistan for 2 and 1/2 months.

Thanks again :huggy:

I can't even imagine the pain you're all feeling right now. And I really hope your DH gets to come home soon.......for good. :huggy:

So sorry for your loss. My husband is active duty and my son leaves for boot camp in January. I say a prayer every single day to protect our military folks and bring them home safely to their loved ones. May the memories of the times you shared carry you through.

May they both always be kept safe and come home to you. :huggy:

Btw, how the heck can you sleep at night? I'd probably need medication to calm my anxiety. I guess military families get used to their loved ones being deployed but I think I'd be a wreck.

mamaof1

May they both always be kept safe and come home to you. :huggy:

Btw, how the heck can you sleep at night? I'd probably need medication to calm my anxiety. I guess military families get used to their loved ones being deployed but I think I'd be a wreck.

Thank you!
It takes a whole lotta praying, great support from family and friends, sometimes going days without watching the evening news and keeping the fridge stocked with wine!

I am dreading January though, when the boy goes. My heart aches just thinking of it. I am a VERY proud Mama, but I will miss him so.

~mellabella~

Many prayers going up for you and your husband. I am so sorry for your loss. My husband is leaving for Afghanistan soon. He was supposed to be there already but last minute plans changed. He hasn't deployed since 2005 before we had our kids. I'm really terrified for him to go, but proud of him nonetheless. God bless our troops.

Chipmunk

:hugs: Again, thank you for all the kind words.

Many prayers going up for you and your husband. I am so sorry for your loss. My husband is leaving for Afghanistan soon. He was supposed to be there already but last minute plans changed. He hasn't deployed since 2005 before we had our kids. I'm really terrified for him to go, but proud of him nonetheless. God bless our troops.

:hugs: to you and your family.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Everyone, please keep our troops in your thoughts.

Last night, we learned that my husband's little brother was killed by an IED in Afganistan on Saturday.

I am so sorry.....how tragic.. (sad).

Thanking him in my prayers for his service and sacrifice.
Praying for all the rest still in harms way.