Useless Knowledge vs American History

SG_Player1974

And these are the "college educated" future of our country!

I love the way EVERY one of them nailed the last 3 questions! :killingme

PeoplesElbow

Barack led the troops to win the civil war and gain our independence from England in 1978. There is a painting of him in a boat going across a river where he lives in the Empire State Building in Hawaii.

mamatutu

mama to two
I got all of them except "snooky". WTF is a snooky?

Snooki was on TV's Jersey Shore reality show.

I love Fox's Jesse Watters when he goes out on the street with questions. Yes, it is very disheartening the amount of info Americans do not know.

Last edited:

Dontel58

What do they learn in college? American Hate 101? These questions are easy! I bet all these young "educated" students voted for Obama. This must by design to dumb us down as a society and it is working.

Hijinx

What do they learn in college? American Hate 101? These questions are easy! I bet all these young "educated" students voted for Obama. This must by design to dumb us down as a society and it is working.

What do they learn in College?????????????????????? College??????

What the hell did they learn in High School?

musiclady

My 11 year old knew most of them. He was confused on Snooki and Brad Pitt, and didn't even know there was a vice president, but he got all the others.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
And the Dems are lamenting the conspicuous absence of the youth vote. Thank Fuggin God they did not turn out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you think about it, all this is is the reflection of how seriously, or not, we adults take the history and rules we expect THEM to take seriously enough to know. Imagine George W Bush, Barack Obama, Dick Cheney and Joe Biden being asked a few questions;

Who has the power to declare war?

GW: "Aw, I know this one!!! Oh.....Jennifer Aniston!"

BO: "Jennifer Aniston"

DC: "Mushroom Cloud"

JB: "Hey! That's a nice microphone! Just kidding! Brad Pitt!"

Where does the constitution authorize the federal government requiring the citizen to buy whatever products or services it so chooses?

GW "Oh, I know this one!!! Oh, the 32nd Amendment! Right???"
BO "Executive order..."
Dick Cheney "Well that depends on if there is a mushroom cloud or not..."
JB "The Jolie Clause..."

If commercial airliners are hijacked, what, then, should the federal government do?

GW "Disarm passengers so they can't fight back"
BO "Disarm passengers soo they can't fight back"
DC "Disarm passengers so they can't fight back"
JB "Oh, I know this one!!! I was sick that day...oh...it's on the tip of my tongue...disarm passengers so they can't fight back!"

What powers are delegated to the states?

GW "None."
BO "None"
DC "Well, if there is a mushroom cloud, none."
JB "You're pretty good at this but, you can't fool 'ol Uncle Joe! Nine! Just kidding! None."

If we show them none of it means a damn thing, that both parties see the Constitution as simply suggestions, how are they supposed to care enough to learn any of it and remember it?

That is effing sad! Those history questions should be on a college entrance exam and if you fail, you have to repeat high school at your own expense. Because you obviously were not paying attention the first time you went through for free.