Using an Inversion Table

SamSpade

Do any of the gyms in this area have inversion tables to use? You know what they are - they hang you partly upside down?
The guy who does those "Teeter" commercials and jumps up and says he feels great?

I don't have room for one in my home, but if there was one I could use occasionally, it would be worth the price of a membership.

I had one at home for a long time. While it felt good to stretch, I never felt it gave me any lasting benefits.

I walked thru the gym in San Souci (World Gym?) recently, but don't recall seeing an inversion table.

SamSpade

I've been browsing the Internet at Planet Fitness and the gym next to Mr Tire (which claims it does physical therapy).

Inversion tables for me isn't about "stretching" - it's about my spine which is badly misaligned and often causes persistent pain, which unlike muscle pain, doesn't go away with ice packs or heating. Chiropractors work for a short time, but they're not always convenient and they cost money per visit.

Right now I have pain going from my lower back all the way to my knee, and I've had this before. I'm having a very hard time concentrating at work.

I had similar pains/discomfort, but mine was from an extruded disk at L5-S1. What did give me some relief (before surgery) was going to Physical Therapy. They have a table, you lie on your back normally, and they put straps around your hips and waist and use progressively increasing tension to pull the joints. It did help.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I've been browsing the Internet at Planet Fitness and the gym next to Mr Tire (which claims it does physical therapy).

Inversion tables for me isn't about "stretching" - it's about my spine which is badly misaligned and often causes persistent pain, which unlike muscle pain, doesn't go away with ice packs or heating. Chiropractors work for a short time, but they're not always convenient and they cost money per visit.

Right now I have pain going from my lower back all the way to my knee, and I've had this before. I'm having a very hard time concentrating at work.
Swing by the shop and Gilligan can hang you by your feet from one of the shop hoists.

SamSpade

I had similar pains/discomfort, but mine was from an extruded disk at L5-S1. What did give me some relief (before surgery) was going to Physical Therapy. They have a table, you lie on your back normally, and they put straps around your hips and waist and use progressively increasing tension to pull the joints. It did help.

Where was this? In this area?

ginwoman

Do any of the gyms in this area have inversion tables to use? You know what they are - they hang you partly upside down?
The guy who does those "Teeter" commercials and jumps up and says he feels great?

I don't have room for one in my home, but if there was one I could use occasionally, it would be worth the price of a membership.
I think they have some that can fold up and might not take up too much room at your home? Hope you can get some relief soon. Back pain is like a tooth ache, you can't get away from it.

SamSpade

I think they have some that can fold up and might not take up too much room at your home? Hope you can get some relief soon. Back pain is like a tooth ache, you can't get away from it.

You still need room to use it - which means it has to be able to fit in an area about 3 feet by 6 feet, because you have to tilt it.
Good ones that can support a man my size are heavy as hell.

SamSpade

It was near the corner of Rt5 and Fenwick St in L'town. Many years ago, doesn't look like they are still there. Pretty sure most PT places would have something similar.

I may check out Gateau, although it would probably be wise to see my doctor and get a referral to justify a medical need.
No point in paying money for something insurance will cover.

You can't just - walk in and show your insurance card, right? Don't you need a referral first?

You still need room to use it - which means it has to be able to fit in an area about 3 feet by 6 feet, because you have to tilt it.
Good ones that can support a man my size are heavy as hell.
Also have to watch ceiling height. There's a few dents in my basement ceiling....