using smart phone apps to save money

Bman

If I may ...

No one ever, who lives in Calvert County, says, "the White Sands subdivision in Lusby". Ever. It's always just White Sands.

That is where you are wrong...because I said it that way! :elaine:

And the reason I said it that way is because this isn't the Calvert county online forum, it's the Southern MD online forum and everyone that reads it isn't from Calvert and some people may not know where White Sands is. I certainly don't know where all of the subdivisions in Charles and St Mary's are.

And these gimmicks you say you are using cost more in time than the savings they promise.

That is a matter of personal opinion. I have already cashed out $60 just from Ibotta since I joined in March. I don't have kids and I am not much of a TV watcher so spending a few extra minutes when I get home from the store to scan barcodes and upload a picture is worth it to me to save a couple of bucks. Right now they offer a $3 rebate on an 18 pack(or larger)of Budweiser or Bud light. I am not much of a beer drinker but I know there are plenty of Bud light drinkers in my area because I stop and pick up the aluminum cans on the side of the road in my area. I'm sure that collecting cans isn't worthwhile for most people either but I do it for the pocket money and to clean up litter.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I didn't know about going to the Safeway & Giant web sites to add stuff to your card, I will have to check that out. Thanks littlelady!

It is well worth the time. I just redeemed a
$35 off spending $160 at Giant, and that was on top of the rest of my coupons. Score!

Final bill. $264 down to $148. It is worth the time. :smile:

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Groupon got me two tickets to the Beerfest for the price of one...... so, yeah, thats a savings :) CVS app routinely nets me BOGO on everyday stuff and dollars off. Other apps, they save me a lot of time, and time is money, so 10-15 minutes I dont spend in line or waiting for a drink in Starbucks, or in Subway, that's a savings. Takes 30 seconds to order on the app and pay, then walk in and pick up the stuff. I mihgt save an hour a week doing that with one trip to SB and three to Subway.

LimeBF

TripAdvisor is an app for booking hotels and restaurants and sometimes they have good propositions there so you can save some money. I've found the review on androidgo.fun and this app really helped me out a couple of times. It's very useful, especially when you are in a strange city.