USPS Service Just Got Shittier

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
I've always been a big supporter of the USPS, but, this latest one puts them right up there with the shitty lack of service now foist upon the public at the local California WalMart.

I need one Priority Mail International® Medium Flat Rate Box.

Based on past experience trying to find domestic boxes, I suspect that it is something not every local office is going to have on hand, so rather than spending 90 minutes driving all over the county looking for one, let's just call around and ask. Google local post office. Up comes the map of local offices, and unlike before, instead of individual local numbers, they all have the same (800) 275-8777. So, even though sleepy little Callaway usually has 3 women standing in there, I guess it's just too inefficient to answer the phone and help local customers.

OK, so give it a shot. Automated system of course, no options come close to my inquiry and nothing is presented to contact your local office or even talk to a real human. Press the usual cadre of keys until the computer acknowledges I want a human....forwards....1 hour wait time, but we can call you back. Don't bother, I'm sure that the answer is that we have no idea if your local office has the box you need. But, we can send you a pack of 10 of them for free if you like.

Normally around this time I would exclaim, unbelievable, but I think it is time to find a new word.

Time to hop in the car, maybe I'll get lucky. Don't dottle, the local office closes for an HOUR for lunch.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A forum of adults can't write "crap", but can write horseshit or shitstorm or shittier?
Something like that.

It's a thing with the new forums, and I've been meaning to go in and tweak it but honestly variations of the word sh*t don't offend me a lot and it hasn't been a priority.

Regarding OP:

The California post office usually has a large selection of boxes.

Chris0nllyn

Something like that.

It's a thing with the new forums, and I've been meaning to go in and tweak it but honestly variations of the word sh*t don't offend me a lot and it hasn't been a priority.
Off topic, but I'm curious what drives the need/desire to change the bad words?

Like is it just a decision that was made or are you forced to do that by some obscure law/regulation?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Off topic, but I'm curious what drives the need/desire to change the bad words?

Like is it just a decision that was made or are you forced to do that by some obscure law/regulation?
It's our choice to try and keep it clean to some extent. This is a community forum, after all.

transporter

I've always been a big supporter of the USPS, but, this latest one puts them right up there with the shitty lack of service now foist upon the public at the local California WalMart.

I need one Priority Mail International® Medium Flat Rate Box.

Based on past experience trying to find domestic boxes, I suspect that it is something not every local office is going to have on hand, so rather than spending 90 minutes driving all over the county looking for one, let's just call around and ask. Google local post office. Up comes the map of local offices, and unlike before, instead of individual local numbers, they all have the same (800) 275-8777. So, even though sleepy little Callaway usually has 3 women standing in there, I guess it's just too inefficient to answer the phone and help local customers.

OK, so give it a shot. Automated system of course, no options come close to my inquiry and nothing is presented to contact your local office or even talk to a real human. Press the usual cadre of keys until the computer acknowledges I want a human....forwards....1 hour wait time, but we can call you back. Don't bother, I'm sure that the answer is that we have no idea if your local office has the box you need. But, we can send you a pack of 10 of them for free if you like.

Normally around this time I would exclaim, unbelievable, but I think it is time to find a new word.

Time to hop in the car, maybe I'll get lucky. Don't dottle, the local office closes for an HOUR for lunch.
why don't you just order them? https://store.usps.com/store/results/shipping-supplies/_/N-7d0v8v?Nrpp=48

transporter

It's our choice to try and keep it clean to some extent. This is a community forum, after all.
Don't use a bad word...but it is ok for people like Hijinx to wish for the demise of people who think differently than he does or for you to call for the execution of all manner of folks...THAT is just hunky dory for a "community forum"?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Don't use a bad word...but it is ok for people like Hijinx to wish for the demise of people who think differently than he does or for you to call for the execution of all manner of folks...THAT is just hunky dory for a "community forum"?
Pot......Kettle

Tech

Carrier use to drop an envelope in the box so you could buy stamps which were delivered in a few days without shipping cost.
Order stamps on the website it comes with shipping.
Minor supplies that are available at the local post office should have no shipping cost.

Rommey

PREMO Member
Someone mentions shittier and look who shows up...