Utah Concealed Carry class in La Plata on 1/10/15

IggyPop

SMIB
I saw this posted again on another site and wanted to pass it along. I know quite a few members of this forum attended the last class and received their CCW permit. My wife and I both attended and received our permits from Utah in about 30 days or so.

If any of you travel out of state, you might want to consider attending the class and submitting the application to Utah.

"A Utah CFP four-hour class will be held at the American Legion, 6330 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD, on Saturday, January 10, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. $50.00 cash or money order. This permit is recognized in 31 states for "non-residents". Fee includes fingerprinting and application form with certification stamp. This is a "walk-in" class, no reservation needed.

Questions: 301-899-3079 - Mon. thru Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m."

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I saw this posted again on another site and wanted to pass it along. I know quite a few members of this forum attended the last class and received their CCW permit. My wife and I both attended and received our permits from Utah in about 30 days or so.

If any of you travel out of state, you might want to consider attending the class and submitting the application to Utah.

"A Utah CFP four-hour class will be held at the American Legion, 6330 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD, on Saturday, January 10, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. $50.00 cash or money order. This permit is recognized in 31 states for "non-residents". Fee includes fingerprinting and application form with certification stamp. This is a "walk-in" class, no reservation needed.

Questions: 301-899-3079 - Mon. thru Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m."

So basically my understanding if you take this class although you can not carry in MD you can carry in the other 31 states at any time?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I've taken this class a few years ago in California, MD. It's painless but the classes fill up quick. Got my Utah permit within a month. The class offered to help with Maryland Collectors Permit which I got. It will allow you to purchase more than the monthly limit and transport weapons beyond just to the range and gun store/armorer.

abcxyz

Moe is great to work with and I wish every one in the entire state (country for that matter) would get this permit.

bulldog

So basically my understanding if you take this class although you can not carry in MD you can carry in the other 31 states at any time?

Just be real careful that you check first. Things change, often and rapidly. Example: PA used to accept the VA and UT non-resident permit and I carried there whenever in the state. PA no longer accepts a non-resident permit from anywhere except TX (don't know why they are still accepted).

Note: you can still use a non-res to have a firearm in your car while in PA, but not on your person while out of the car.

Know the laws.

Just be real careful that you check first. Things change, often and rapidly. Example: PA used to accept the VA and UT non-resident permit and I carried there whenever in the state. PA no longer accepts a non-resident permit from anywhere except TX (don't know why they are still accepted).

Note: you can still use a non-res to have a firearm in your car while in PA, but not on your person while out of the car.

Know the laws.

And get a lock box for places you can't carry. Even if the State allows it there are many places that don't.

IggyPop

SMIB
Everyone be sure to stop by Marie's Diner before class and get the best Belgian waffle you will ever eat :drool:

It is right across the street from the class....and it is deeeeelicious!