Utility Kilts

Pandora

I saw a construction guy in Columbia earlier this week wearing a Utility Kilt and I must say he looked mighty fine in it :hot: . We started chatted with the guy and he said that many construction workers where them in that area. Apparently, they are attractive to them for the many pockets and comfort.

I'd never seen one before, and I just thought it was neat. http://www.findcoolclothes.com/products/large_photos/superkilt.jpg

I was thinking... you'd have to be REAL secure in your manhood to wear a Utility Kilt... I know... such a sexist thought!

M

Mousebaby

I would imagine there would be nice AIR flow in those too as apposed to pants! Wonder if they wear underwear? :hot:

Pandora

I wonder if any of the guys here would considering wearing one if they had to have pockets for a large number of gadgets. :eyebrow: Or would they feel too weird about it?

I wonder if any of the guys here would considering wearing one if they had to have pockets for a large number of gadgets. :eyebrow: Or would they feel too weird about it?

That's what tool belts are for. I didn't see any pockets on the kilt, but the bag (purse) looked like it would hold a lot of stuff. When you are working around power saws, cement mixers, any kind of moving machinery you do not want loose, flappy clothing. Ties, unbuttoned shirts etc. Sorry girls, it ain't gonna catch on. I'm surprised the foreman allows it.

glhs837

Power with Control
While we're on the subject, do you all know why the Scots wear kilts?

Because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away:killingme

(My grandmother was a Mcleod, so no crap from offended Scots, either)

MMDad

Lem Putt

I'd wear one if it were socially acceptable. It looks like it would be very comfortable on a hot day. It would feel good to let the boys hang free.

And if any of you wimmens ever see me in a kilt, you are more than welcome to check for proper wear.

Homer J

Power Chord
To answer the age old question,"What is worn under a Scotsman's kilt?"

"Nothing, everything is in perfect working condition."

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
Hey its called utilikilts.com or whatever.

btw, i made a kilt for my Sig Other. It resembles a utilikilt.

Gwydion

I own one, along with many other kilts. Granted, I participate in a lot of scottish heritage events, but they are incredibly comfortable and on a hot day, they get the air flowing!

Gwydion

That's what tool belts are for. I didn't see any pockets on the kilt, but the bag (purse) looked like it would hold a lot of stuff. When you are working around power saws, cement mixers, any kind of moving machinery you do not want loose, flappy clothing. Ties, unbuttoned shirts etc. Sorry girls, it ain't gonna catch on. I'm surprised the foreman allows it.

They don't flap. Utility kilts are heavy and, stay close to your leg. Only difference between them and jeans is the area below your crotch is filled.

Depending on what type of construction, I probably wouldn't want to wear them either for heat on the skin. But for general woodworking, masonry, etc. that doesn't involve direct contact with skin, theres no reason not to wear one.

They don't flap. Utility kilts are heavy and, stay close to your leg. Only difference between them and jeans is the area below your crotch is filled.

Depending on what type of construction, I probably wouldn't want to wear them either for heat on the skin. But for general woodworking, masonry, etc. that doesn't involve direct contact with skin, theres no reason not to wear one.

Well if you decide to and happen to be on a scaffold, please warn me not to look up.