V for Vendetta

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I thought it was a great film. Natalie Portman gave a FANTASTIC performance in the lead role, the plot was filled with good twists and turns, and the special effects were very well-done. Overall a solid, memorable sci-fi thriller from the creators of The Matrix.

alex

Just bought the DVD and saw the film. I thought is was very good. A interesting comment on our times and the direction our country is heading in.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Warner Bros. Pictures misadvertised this movie. It's definitely not the non-stop action movie they portray it as in the ads. I loved V For Vendetta. I thought it was very compelling and offered many sharp, clever political and societal observations, but I know so many people who hated it because they were expecting an action-thriller-style sci-fi movie, a la Minority Report. Then again, I guess it would've done much less box office business had they advertised it as what it is -- an intelligent satire set in a sci-fi world.

C

chess

When I first saw the previews, I thought it was going to be terrible, I have the dvd and I thought it was actually a good flick ! I was impressed

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
DotTheEyes said:
Warner Bros. Pictures misadvertised this movie. It's definitely not the non-stop action movie they portray it as in the ads. I loved V For Vendetta. I thought it was very compelling and offered many sharp, clever political and societal observations, but I know so many people who hated it because they were expecting an action-thriller-style sci-fi movie, a la Minority Report. Then again, I guess it would've done much less box office business had they advertised it as what it is -- an intelligent satire set in a sci-fi world.
:yay: :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just watched this. Pretty good considering what is going on in the world now.