VA Corrections Dept Strip Searches an 8 Yr Old Girl

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
An 8-year-old girl was subjected to a strip search when she visited her father in a Virginia prison over Thanksgiving weekend. Now the state is changing the policy that coerced her into the search.

The Virginia-Pilot reports that the young girl and her father's girlfriend, Diamond Peerman, went to the Buckingham Correctional Center in Dillwyn on November 24. While waiting in the visiting line, a sniffing dog trained to find contraband singled out Peerman. As a result, Peerman had to comply with a strip search. The guards initially said the young girl would not need to be stripped as well, but after consulting with their captain they reversed themselves.

If a search is refused, according to the state Department of Corrections' website, "visitation will not be authorized for that day and approval for future visits may be revoked." The Pilot also identified a policy saying that a parent or guardian who will not consent to a search of a minor can be refused entry to the facility.

https://reason.com/2019/12/06/priso...l-to-strip-before-she-could-visit-her-father/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Um, if Mommy and Daddy don't want their child strip searched they should consider not using them as drug mules when they visit their parent in prison.

They could also consider not engaging in criminal activity in the first place....

I didn't read the story. Did they find drugs and/or weapons on the kid?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now that I've read the story AND the comments....

This is why I gave up on Reason. Not only are they retarded, but their readers are retarded as well.

WingsOfGold

Some will stoop to anything, such as stealing something and putting it in a carriage with a baby. We spay and neuter our pets, why not the leftist?

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Drug Dogs are not infallible

**** a buncha drug dogs. EVERYONE visiting an inmate should be full body cavity searched, and that includes little kids. IMO kids should be banned from prisons anyway, I don't care who they're there to visit. Want to see your kids, don't commit crimes and get sent to prison. Pretty simple stuff.

limblips

PREMO Member
Um, if Mommy and Daddy don't want their child strip searched they should consider not using them as drug mules when they visit their parent in prison.

They could also consider not engaging in criminal activity in the first place....

I didn't read the story. Did they find drugs and/or weapons on the kid?
I wanted to reply to the OP but you said what I wanted to say. Many of the people who are being visited in the prison system are not the cream of society and have no qualms about shoving the desired contraband up a child's orifices. Personally I wonder why we even allow visitation at all.

WingsOfGold

Fact, most of the contraband comes in through the visitation room. 2 CO's watching about 100 democrap couples in whats supposed to be a quick kiss with no intimate touching is pretty much impossible especially with some of the CO's that are there only through the quota system in Md.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Fact, most of the contraband comes in through the visitation room. 2 CO's watching about 100 democrap couples in whats supposed to be a quick kiss with no intimate touching is pretty much impossible especially with some of the CO's that are there only through the quota system in Md.

And, don’t forget the CO’s that contribute/distribute.