VA Democrats Walk Out as Pastor Delivers Opening House Prayer Condemning Abortion and Gay Marriage

GregV814

wait, in Virginia? Home of the Confederacy?? Democrats did this??? Woah...

Imagine if a republican contingent walked out on a black pastor during a prayer... woooooweeeee weeeee

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I probably would have too, there's a time and a place for everything and that was not it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It was a good a time as any.

The guy is a man of God. God condemns murder and homosexuality.
No, his job is to deliver an opening convocation. His decision to use his job to publicly deliver his opinion is exactly the same as Colin K's. So not the time or place.

Hijinx

No, his job is to deliver an opening convocation. His decision to use his job to publicly deliver his opinion is exactly the same as Colin K's. So not the time or place.

That is your opinion, it differs from mine.

SamSpade

It's not as though other pastors haven't been open about what THEY believe is immoral or wrong.

Just think, 170 years ago, had he opened about the sins of SLAVERY, Democrats would have walked out on THAT, too.

GregV814

The Pope delivers messages. His opinion based on his status are relevant. Explain why this is different. Why Democrats are for killing babies and freeing felons and "no bail" rules are for the benefit of whom?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I probably would have too, there's a time and a place for everything and that was not it.

Sure it is. It's fairly common for a religious leader to be against abortion and homosexuality and speak out against "sin" in their prayers and sermons.

Anyway, I'm guessing it was a stunt. The pastor himself said, "If you don't want to hear from a pastor, don't invite one." I wouldn't put it past them to specifically invite this guy to deliver the prayer so they could grandstand by walking out. "See us loving the gay and baby killer?"

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The Pope delivers messages. His opinion based on his status are relevant. Explain why this is different. Why Democrats are for killing babies and freeing felons and "no bail" rules are for the benefit of whom?
The Pope is doing it at the proper time and place, a venue set up just for him to give his message.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Sure it is. It's fairly common for a religious leader to be against abortion and homosexuality and speak out against "sin" in their prayers and sermons.

Anyway, I'm guessing it was a stunt. The pastor himself said, "If you don't want to hear from a pastor, don't invite one." I wouldn't put it past them to specifically invite this guy to deliver the prayer so they could grandstand by walking out. "See us loving the gay and baby killer?"
It's an opening convocation, they have one at the beginning of every term. Now they have a rotation of different religions and again I ask, if it's a Muslim priest who gives a sermon on FGM do you feel the same? They can all take a stand against it so it makes a fine stunt. Is it the time and place for it though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now they have a rotation of different religions and again I ask, if it's a Muslim priest who gives a sermon on FGM do you feel the same?

Yes: what did they expect?

If it were up to me we'd have religious rites left completely out of our government, but the only ones who agree with me are psychotic Leftists and I hate to align with them on anything. So now I'm like, yeah bring it on - let's have a full fire and brimstone evangelical outpouring. Get some heads to splode. :yay:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yes: what did they expect?

If it were up to me we'd have religious rites left completely out of our government, but the only ones who agree with me are psychotic Leftists and I hate to align with them on anything. So now I'm like, yeah bring it on - let's have a full fire and brimstone evangelical outpouring. Get some heads to splode. :yay:
Well that's certainly an opinion and far be it for me to say it's wrong, but mine is different.