Va. Gov. Northam

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well hell. Why didn't be think of this before now? It was so obvious it went right past us.

That made me laugh out loud for several minutes. Yeah, it's Donald Trump's fault that Ralph Northam thought it was funny to dress up as a Klansman in the 80s. Good grief. Who even takes these people seriously anymore?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The gift that keeps on giving!

Now the one of the yearbook staffers is saying that the students submitted their own photos to go on their page. Which means Ralph Northam chose that photo himself.

:roflmao:

Really, he should just go jump off a bridge right now. You have to wonder WTH is going on with Virginia that they elected him in the first place.

22AcaciaAve

I'm still sticking by my premise that I think it's ridiculous that one picture like this from decades ago can destroy a career. I get the sentiment that people want to stick it to a democrat for the Kavanaugh fiasco, but I'm taking the partisan aspect out of it. I don't know a thing about him. Now if he has spent his political career slandering others for being racist while knowing this picture existed, then he is getting a big dose of karma thrown at him. And his handling of it by seemingly acknowledging it was him and then walking it back has been a disaster. But still, what did this guy do? It's not like he murdered someone or helped a friend bury a body in the woods. He was in an offensive picture 30 years ago. So what. I just think it's sad that we have become so partisan and easily offended that these kinds of things can be used against a person. Social media has been around long enough now that pretty soon it's going to be impossible to elect anyone. Everyone is going to have some kind of incident out there that the media and the frothing at the mouth hordes can drag up to take them down.

officeguy

I'm still sticking by my premise that I think it's ridiculous that one picture like this from decades ago can destroy a career. I get the sentiment that people want to stick it to a democrat for the Kavanaugh fiasco, but I'm taking the partisan aspect out of it. I don't know a thing about him. Now if he has spent his political career slandering others for being racist while knowing this picture existed, then he is getting a big dose of karma thrown at him. And his handling of it by seemingly acknowledging it was him and then walking it back has been a disaster. But still, what did this guy do? It's not like he murdered someone or helped a friend bury a body in the woods. He was in an offensive picture 30 years ago. So what. I just think it's sad that we have become so partisan and easily offended that these kinds of things can be used against a person. Social media has been around long enough now that pretty soon it's going to be impossible to elect anyone. Everyone is going to have some kind of incident out there that the media and the frothing at the mouth hordes can drag up to take them down.

Again, he needs to be crucified not for the picture, but for the lies and hypocrisy since it has come out.

Had his first and only reply to this been: 'There are a few things in my life that I am ashamed of, and dressing up like that and choosing a picture of it for my medical school year book probably ranks at the top. I dont know WHY we thought it was funny to make the KKK part of a costume party or to dress up in blackface, it was stupid and offensive then and it is stupid and and offensive now. Anyone familiar with my professional life and my life in public service since knows that this picture is not a reflection of who I am. I am sorry for the offense this undoubtedly causes many people and I ask for their forgiveness.'

And that would have been the end of it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Again, he needs to be crucified not for the picture, but for the lies and hypocrisy since it has come out.

Had his first and only reply to this been: 'There are a few things in my life that I am ashamed of, and dressing up like that and choosing a picture of it for my medical school year book probably ranks at the top. I dont know WHY we thought it was funny to make the KKK part of a costume party or to dress up in blackface, it was stupid and offensive then and it is stupid and and offensive now. Anyone familiar with my professional life and my life in public service since knows that this picture is not a reflection of who I am. I am sorry for the offense this undoubtedly causes many people and I ask for their forgiveness.'

And that would have been the end of it.

Just like that. :yay: Literally that simple. And you wrote that without the help of any speechwriters and wordsmiths and image makers. Northam has a whole staff dedicated to keeping him from being a buffoon....and he was a buffoon anyway.

SamSpade

I'm thinking pics taken at an 80s Halloween Party I attended as Elton John is gonna come back to bite me.

Yeah, me and my buddies went to a college Halloween mixer dressed as droogs from Clockwork Orange, with
all the trimmings - jocks on the outside, white clothes, eye makeup and so forth.

Some people knew the reference - but a lot just thought we were weird.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
. . .Everyone is going to have some kind of incident out there that the media and the frothing at the mouth hordes can drag up to take them down.

It's the Democrats who want him to resign, not the Republicans. Keeping him in office keeps him in the spotlight (and impotent) leading up to 2020.

Last edited:

somdwatch

If you look at the timing of his televised abortion discussion with Rep Trans. Within a day or so he's being called to resign due to the picture.

I would say someone just provided ammo to get him out of office to quit making the Dems look like a bunch of Baby Killers.

glhs837

Power with Control
My god, it's not often you get to see an entire state political machine self destruct like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge...... below is a hyperlink to video of that event, much like this one, it starts slow, then gains momentum and shakes itself to death....

"Gallopin' Gertie"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The photo was taken circa 1984, which means Northam was 25 years old. If he were a teenager, I'd be like...mmm....maybe... But not a 25 year old adult.

And again, he's acting like this is the first time he's ever seen his page in his med school yearbook, and that is a complete crock of crap. Did it never occur to him that that photo might be extremely offensive until just a few days ago when the media pointed it out?

He's a Democrat. They have different rules.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I wonder if there will be a march on Culver City, CA to dig up Al Jolson.

officeguy

Why are they all such idiots ? Herring called for Northam to resign while he knew that this is something he did himself in the same timeframe. How dumb can you be ?