Va. Gov. Northam

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It is being reported that Northam has told his staff that he won't be resigning. I say good for him. Fight it tooth and nail. While what he did is unseemly, insensitive, bigoted, whatever, it isn't criminal. With any luck he will turn the bigoted state government back to red.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is being reported that Northam has told his staff that he won't be resigning. I say good for him. Fight it tooth and nail. While what he did is unseemly, insensitive, bigoted, whatever, it isn't criminal. With any luck he will turn the bigoted state government back to red.

Psh.

In the immortal words of Justin Fairfax: "**** that bitch."

I think he should be held to the standard that HE set. He's attacked his opponents with drummed up charges of racism and, now that it's come out that he's the racist, he should step down. In fact, the people of VA should recall him and MAKE him step down. Especially after he insulted them by pawning off those silly stories as excuses (aka "lying").

Grumpy

Psh.

I think he should be held to the standard that HE set. He's attacked his opponents with drummed up charges of racism and, now that it's come out that he's the racist, he should step down. In fact, the people of VA should recall him and MAKE him step down. Especially after he insulted them by pawning off those silly stories as excuses (aka "lying").
Mr Fairfax just had another women claim the same thing happened to her with Mr Fairfax...:lol: There is not enough popcorn in calvert to watch this fiasco. :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Psh.

As far as I can tell there is no provision to recall the Governor. There are two options for removal.

(1) Article IV. Legislature
Section 17. Impeachment
The Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, judges, members of the State Corporation Commission, and all officers appointed by the Governor or elected by the General Assembly, offending against the Commonwealth by malfeasance in office, corruption, neglect of duty, or other high crime or misdemeanor may be impeached by the House of Delegates and prosecuted before the Senate

(2) § 24.2-233. Removal of elected and certain appointed officers by courts.
Upon petition, a circuit court may remove from office any elected officer or officer who has been appointed to fill an elective office, residing within the jurisdiction of the court:

1. For neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties when that neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of the office;

The petition must be signed by a number of registered voters who reside within the jurisdiction of the officer equal to ten percent of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office that the officer holds.

Hijinx

The man is a Democrat. Give it a week and this story will disappear--------------and he knows it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Psh.

No no no. This needs to go on for as long as possible. The more play, the more, hopefully, regular, and thinking, non wacky lefty democrats, will start to feel the weight of being considered a racist, or being asked if they are racist, and an associate member of the KKK, (guilty by association), just by being with the democrat party. Maybe their eyes will finally open have those blinders removed, and see the democrats for what they really are, and start to think differently and become republicans.

Hijinx

If I may ...

No no no. This needs to go on for as long as possible. The more play, the more, hopefully, regular, and thinking, non wacky lefty democrats, will start to feel the weight of being considered a racist, or being asked if they are racist, and an associate member of the KKK, (guilty by association), just by being with the democrat party. Maybe their eyes will finally open have those blinders removed, and see the democrats for what they really are, and start to think differently and become republicans.
I hate to say this but: Wake up we are talking about Democrats here.
They only talk about racism when it is used against Republicans.
It's a manufactured accusation to begin with that they can ignore when ever they like.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's a manufactured accusation to begin with that they can ignore when ever they like.

And when you try to remind them of what they were hysterically angry about just days before, they give you a blank eyed stare and demand a link.

Salmon

I still think he needs to resign, but you have to admire how he’s handled this scandal. He has ducked the media in favor of making amends.

This_person

I still think he needs to resign, but you have to admire how he’s handled this scandal. He has ducked the media in favor of making amends.
He turned "I'm happy to kill babies after they're born" into "people are mad at me for being racist." I agree, that's pretty good.