Vaccine pros and cons

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I’m on the fence on getting vaccinated, on the one hand it’s great to not get another version of the flu. But on the other hand the way it was rolled out (pushed) makes me not trust it. Being given “emergency use authorization”, but also giving the manufacturer’s protection if they screwed the pooch and the kids being born from now on have between one and eight arms. What’s anyone else see as a pro or con for getting vaccinated?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I'm not interested in traveling oversea, where I think the vaccine will be required, so I'll wait.

Way too much contradictory info coming out right now that this was all a sham.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Pros:
  1. Extended family are nearly all vaccinated and now everyone is comfortable getting together again....like we did last weekend.
  2. I have to travel overseas for my business.
Cons:
  1. I'm mildly concerned about the possible after effects...I received the J&J one-shot version.

Clem72

Being given “emergency use authorization”, but also giving the manufacturer’s protection if they screwed the pooch and the kids being born from now on have between one and eight arms.

Technically, the average number of arms or legs that a baby is born with is less than 2.

Clem72

I'm mildly concerned about the possible after effects...I received the J&J one-shot version.

I wouldn't be worried about the after effects, but given you took the J&J I would be worried about not being a candidate for future cancer vaccines being developed using the same viral vector.

Kinnakeet

IF YOU GOT THE SHOT YOUR IN TROUBLE IT WONT BE LONG WHEN YOU WILL GET SICK SO SICK YOU WILL WISH YOU WERE DEAD IF YOU LIVE YOU WILL BE A ZOMBIE UNTIL YOU ARE REMOVED FROM THIS EARTH IF I READ WHAT I THOUGHT I READ THE SHOT IS GOING TO RESTRUCTURE YOUR DNA AND YOU WILL BECOME A DEMOCRAT AT FIRST WHEN THEY ARE DONE GETTING YOUR VOTES THE NEW 5G WILL THEN TURN YOU INTO SAID ZOMBIE I KNOW ITS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT SOME CHOSE TO GET THE SHOT IM SORRY GO VISIT YOUR LOVED ONES WHILE YOU ARE ABLE

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
IF YOU GOT THE SHOT YOUR IN TROUBLE IT WONT BE LONG WHEN YOU WILL GET SICK SO SICK YOU WILL WISH YOU WERE DEAD IF YOU LIVE YOU WILL BE A ZOMBIE UNTIL YOU ARE REMOVED FROM THIS EARTH IF I READ WHAT I THOUGHT I READ THE SHOT IS GOING TO RESTRUCTURE YOUR DNA AND YOU WILL BECOME A DEMOCRAT AT FIRST WHEN THEY ARE DONE GETTING YOUR VOTES THE NEW 5G WILL THEN TURN YOU INTO SAID ZOMBIE I KNOW ITS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT SOME CHOSE TO GET THE SHOT IM SORRY GO VISIT YOUR LOVED ONES WHILE YOU ARE ABLE
are you the governor?

SamSpade

(shrug)
It's free. It's harmless. And if you get it, stores - several of them - won't make you wear the mask.

To me, a lot of it is STILL theater. Yes, it is quite dangerous to those with comorbidities, but for most of us, not very much at all - and that's if you GET it. If you DON'T have COVID, wearing a mask serves no purpose, as you can't give it someone if you don't have it.

Let me put it this way - we have a segment of our society especially susceptible to this disease - the rest of us, not so much although it's anyone's guess if you are or are not. But if there was a kid in school who was allergic to gluten - would you make all kids eat gluten-free - or would you accommodate just that one kid? The latter, right?

We've been shutting things down for a year to protect the segment susceptible. The logical thing to do is heavily protect the susceptible - and leave the rest alone.

Me, I got the shot just so I could say I could. I'm not worred about COVID.

UglyBear

But if there was a kid in school who was allergic to gluten - would you make all kids eat gluten-free - or would you accommodate just that one kid? The latter, right?
Sam, there you go assuming that everyone else is as decent and reasonable as you.

You haven’t had to interact much with the craven of Karens who WOULD demand that everyone else should stop eating gluten (or nuts, or dairy, or whatever is the evil fashionable ingredient du jour ) just because their kid MIGHT be sensitive?
The last year showed how much power those hysterical people have.

SamSpade

Sam, there you go assuming that everyone else is as decent and reasonable as you.

You haven’t had to interact much with the craven of Karens who WOULD demand that everyone else should stop eating gluten (or nuts, or dairy, or whatever is the evil fashionable ingredient du jour ) just because their kid MIGHT be sensitive?
The last year showed how much power those hysterical people have.

I think the unknowns of this past year caused a lot of people to seriously panic.

Our reaction was the kind of thing if we'd learned there was an outbreak of hemorrhagic fever and people began bleeding from all orifices. Damned skippy you'd all stay inside, mask up, social distance, and fear going outside.
The SCIENCE eventually revealed many things - youth and especially children are nearly immune, because they lack enough ACE2 cell receptors that the disease attacks.
The SCIENCE showed that the virus dies almost immediately in sunlight and UV.
The SCIENCE showed that if you're under 60 and healthy, you're highly unlikely to die or even get very ill.

And so on. So what do we do? CONTINUE to treat the situation as though the apocalypse was upon us. Continue to wear masks that probably do very little and say no no no to the checklist and get our temp taken routinely as nothing is ever caught and no one ever sent home. CONTINUE to keep kids home from school even though the number of deaths or hospitalizations of children is in the statistical neighborhood of zero.

And when the CDC and the President says, hey, you got both shots, you don't need the mask - establishments like the schools - guarding the very population LEAST LIKELY to get it - says not so fast! Kids wear them anyway - all the time. Outside in the sunlight; during gym class; during sports events in SUNLIGHT.

Because --- science.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When I was in school, I'd bet there was enough peanut butter to choke a blue whale in the cafeteria over the years and I never witnessed one, not one, allergic reaction by a kid in school to the presence of someones PBJ lunch.

Today, they freak out like it's hazardous material

PJay

"Sen. Rick Scott introduced legislation this week called the ‘‘Freedom to Fly Act’’. If passed, the bill will prohibit TSA from: requiring a vaccine passport, requiring proof of vaccinations, or asking for any personal health information, in order for passengers to fly."

Just posting info found for people that may be planning to get the shot for this reason and don't want to get the shot. If you want shot, do it.

BOP

:jameo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I got the Rona and, therefore, have Natural Immunity. However, the jury's still out on how long that lasts. I am currently about 90 days past having the virus. That WAS the recommendation by my doctor at the time she and I discussed this.

I'm not certain I want to go get vaxxed and introduce MORE of those mega-antibodies into my system (like 100X what the regular flu vaccine is)- because while I had a mild case of the Rona, I really don't want to feel like crud again. It's restrictive and I want to be free to have fun.

So, I'm on the fence until I hear more on how long that NI lasts.

rio

When I was in school, I'd bet there was enough peanut butter to choke a blue whale in the cafeteria over the years and I never witnessed one, not one, allergic reaction by a kid in school to the presence of someones PBJ lunch.

Today, they freak out like it's hazardous material
When my girls were in elementary school I had to write a letter to the principal so they wouldn't have to sit at the "peanut free" table. They didn't want to be singled out and only allowed to pick 1 friend to sit with them at lunch (as long as that friend had no nuts with them, and didn't mind sitting away from all of their other friends). It was ridiculous. One time the nurse wouldn't let my daughter eat a snack sent in for a class party because it was processed in a facility that may contain nuts/peanuts. Even after my daughter told her that HER MOTHER is the one that sent in that snack! Oh, the stories I could tell.