Vacuum Cleaner advice

Roman

I'm shopping for a new vacuum cleaner. I am kind of leaning toward a bagless style. Opinions? I like the uprights, with a 20+ foot cord, but will consider any vacuum that is good in your opinions. I'm not looking for anything fancy, and don't want to spend a pay check on one either. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I use both bagless and bagged, both seem to work equally well. Nice not having to worry about running out or replacing bags. The only real comment is that one vacuum I used had an absolutely worthless hose for the hand attachments. It would only stretch 2-3 feet and was so springy it pulled the vacuum right back into you. Ridiculous for anything.

doubtfull24

I have a Dyson and a Shark and my Shark is my favorite!! The cord is 30ft long! It can convert to a hand vac and has several attachments. It has just as much suction as my Dyson. It cost less and has washable filters. I honestly love it so much I use it everyday. It is light weight and I love I can plug it in the kitchen and vacuum the entire down stairs and not have to unplug it to go from one room to the next. I clean houses and it is so easy to take with me. Qvc has it the cheapest and on 6 easy pay and it includes all of the attachments!
554.jpg

http://www.qvc.com/Shark-Rocket-Ultra-Light-Upright-Vacuum-W-Accessories.product.V32708.html?sc=V32708-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-V32708&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/v/08/v32708.001?$uslarge$
I'm shopping for a new vacuum cleaner. I am kind of leaning toward a bagless style. Opinions? I like the uprights, with a 20+ foot cord, but will consider any vacuum that is good in your opinions. I'm not looking for anything fancy, and don't want to spend a pay check on one either. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited:

tuffenuff2

I have a Dyson and a Shark and my Shark is my favorite!! The cord is 30ft long! It can convert to a hand vac and has several attachments. It has just as much suction as my Dyson. It cost less and has washable filters. I honestly love it so much I use it everyday. It is light weight and I love I can plug it in the kitchen and vacuum the entire down stairs and not have to unplug it to go from one room to the next. I clean houses and it is so easy to take with me. Qvc has it the cheapest and on 6 easy pay and it includes all of the attachments!
View attachment 104405

http://www.qvc.com/Shark-Rocket-Ultra-Light-Upright-Vacuum-W-Accessories.product.V32708.html?sc=V32708-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-V32708&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/v/08/v32708.001?$uslarge$

We bought a $500 Dyson pet vacuum a few years ago and it failed in the same amount of time as the hoover. We then bought a Shark navigator at Wal-mart for $149. That thing is amazing!! Better than the Dyson!!!! We have 4 cats and three dogs and it works great.

doubtfull24

Our Dyson is a pet as well and it was $500 also and it worked well but was really heavy and clunky and not easy to move. Also the detachable arm wand was awkward when you use it nothing to hold on to when moving it around. The plastic hose also tore. I have a 5 year warranty need to get it fixed had it less than 3 years when the plastic hose ripped. Dyson's are nice and have good suction but why spend so much when you can get a Shark that is just as good for cheaper.

PeoplesElbow

I would say get a refurbished Kirby G5 or G6 off Ebay, they were $1500-$1800 new full price and you can't get much more reliable or stronger suction than those.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
We've got a Rainbow (about 15 years old now) it works great; other than dumping the water bucket and cleaning it out. Replaced the small water bucket with the 5 qt one after we purchased it and I love it. Also have a Hoover upright and it works great for hanging a coat over every once in a while. :yay:

doubtfull24

We've got a Rainbow (about 15 years old now) it works great; other than dumping the water bucket and cleaning it out. Replaced the small water bucket with the 5 qt one after we purchased it and I love it. Also have a Hoover upright and it works great for hanging a coat over every once in a while. :yay:

Omg growing up we had one of those! I hated it no offense such a pain in the butt. Especially dumping the water. We had several dogs and cats and I would have to dump it in the woods as it was full of hair. The only thing I liked was we had these scents you could add to the water one was a pine scent. The house smelled nice but to much hassle!

The only thing I liked was we had these scents you could add to the water one was a pine scent. The house smelled nice but to much hassle!

Periodically I put down a carpet deodorizer. The smell lasts in the vacuum between a few sessions and eliminates that horrible stale vacuum smell.

doubtfull24

Periodically I put down a carpet deodorizer. The smell lasts in the vacuum between a few sessions and eliminates that horrible stale vacuum smell.

I do remember that stale vacuum smell. I also didn't like how the carpets felt wet for awhile after you vacuumed. However it did do a good job cleaning carpets it got everything up but having 2 boys and a dog, I vacuum daily and I have all wood floors and area rugs.

acommondisaster

We've got central vacuum system in our current house and for that reason, I'm going to say get bagless. I never realized how smelly a bag vacuum was - I have to use one when I vacuum the carpet and church and it has to be one of the worst smells - hot dust smell just seems to linger longer than most odors. We have a cheap bagless from Walmart for up at the cabin and it works fine - kind of noisy, but does the job.