Vacuum cleaners

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Looking at replacing mine as it is on its last legs and doesn't have good suction. Considering a Shark vacuum but I've never owned one before and am hesitant to invest in a brand unknown to me. My main requirement is of course cleaning the carpets but also vacuum the carpeted stairs. Looking at this one:

Anybody have experience with them, good or bad? Any recommendations of other brands/models? TIA!

Chris0nllyn

Love our Shark vacuum. The majority of it is made of plastic and I noticed the hose broke off pretty easy but replacement parts are readily available.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Okay, seems the general consensus is that Dyson is the way to go. You've convinced me. :lol: Now to pay for it. :nomoney:

Chris0nllyn

Have you thought about a robot vacuum? I have the deebot and love it.

It obviously doesn't have the same power as a stand up vacuum, butpressing a button and letting it do it's thing is great for mid-week cleanings to prolong having to lug the big vacuum out.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Have you thought about a robot vacuum? I have the deebot and love it.

It obviously doesn't have the same power as a stand up vacuum, butpressing a button and letting it do its thing is great for mid-week cleanings to prolong having to lug the big vacuum out.
I also need to do carpeted stairs and don't think robovac would do that. :bump-bump-bump: :lol:

Seriously, it is just me and I don't have any pets, so vacuuming once a week or so is fine.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Chris0nllyn

I also need to do carpeted stairs and don't think robovac would do that. :bump-bump-bump: :lol:

Seriously, it is just me and I don't have any pets, so vacuuming once a week or so is fine.

Yea, they don't work well on stairs. :lol:

Fair enough. Figured I'd throw it out there. :yay:

PeoplesElbow

And the Miele is TWICE as expensive as the Dyson. No thanks! :lol: They are the Cadillacs of vacs and have used one when helping a friend clean their place but I am not going to shell out $800+ for a vacuum. :nono:
Good carpet costs a lot more than that, the Miele will also last you 20 years, the Dyson probably 5.

If you have allergies it is well worth it, after using a few times the house smelled better and was less dusty.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Good carpet costs a lot more than that, the Miele will also last you 20 years, the Dyson probably 5.

If you have allergies it is well worth it, after using a few times the house smelled better and was less dusty.
I have very little dust in the house, little to no allergies, and in 20 years, I will be long past the need for a vacuum cleaner. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I wound up getting the Shark I posted about first. I tried several Dyson's, including my sister's, and all were too heavy. And too pricey for my budget. At $169 ($30 off!) I figured it was worth it.

So far I am loving my new vac. Easy assembly, pretty quiet relatively, and it has great suction power. I vacuumed with the old one, then ran the new one over the same area, and the amount of dirt it collected was amazing! It also has lots of attachments with its own carrying bag. And love the detachable motor feature so you can easily use it on stairs or in your vehicle.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wound up getting the Shark I posted about first. I tried several Dyson's, including my sister's, and all were too heavy. And too pricey for my budget. At $169 ($30 off!) I figured it was worth it.

So far I am loving my new vac. Easy assembly, pretty quiet relatively, and it has great suction power. I vacuumed with the old one, then ran the new one over the same area, and the amount of dirt it collected was amazing! It also has lots of attachments with its own carrying bag. And love the detachable motor feature so you can easily use it on stairs or in your vehicle.
I've been meaning to get one of those, I may do so now after the good review!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've been meaning to get one of those, I may do so now after the good review!
You're welcome to come by and try mine before you buy.

When I was searching for reviews of vacuum cleaners, it was hard to find info on specific models. I then found out most have the same base machine and the only difference between the models is the number and type of accessories. For example, the one I bought: