Vanessa Carlton to release third album in October

AndyMarquisLIVE

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I know, I know, it's old news. But, I can't wait for the album.
CLEVELAND (Billboard) - In an unlikely pairing between two music stars on the comeback trail, singer/songwriter Vanessa Carlton has joined forces with hip-hop entrepreneur Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo for her next album.

Gotti's Universal Motown-backed label the Inc. will release Carlton's "Heroes & Thieves" on October 9. Carlton, best known for the 2002 song "A Thousand Miles" and an accompanying video showing her playing the piano in unlikely places, recorded two albums for A&M Records. She left after her 2004 effort, the dark-themed "Harmonium," flopped.

Gotti, meanwhile, is rebounding from being acquitted of money laundering charges in 2005 following a three-year federal investigation. The Inc's other acts include R&B stars Lloyd and Ashanti.

"I think Irv is a fantastic A&R man, and he really can't contain his excitement," Carlton says. "He has like, no filter, when it comes to expressing himself, and I thought that unbounded energy was so appealing. He's a fantastic music executive. They're hard to find. So, I took the step."

Carlton, 26, says "Heroes & Thieves," which was completely written before she joined the Inc., was produced Stephan Jenkins of Third Eye Blind and includes a few songs she co-wrote with Linda Perry. The first single, "Nolita Fairytale," goes to radio in early July.

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN2637891020070627