St. Mary's Co. Vehicle Gathering in Mechanicsville Dispersed

Five Maryland locations to serve you. Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, DUI Defense.
May 26, 2020:

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at approximately 10:10 p.m., deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 37700 block of Golden Beach Road (Charlotte Hall Park and Ride) in Mechanicsville, for the reported traffic complaint called in by the Charles County Sheriff’s Office. Charles County Sheriff’s Office advised approximately 400 vehicles left their jurisdiction and were heading into St. Mary’s County.

Deputies arrived on scene and observed numerous vehicles along Golden Beach Road and in both the Park and Ride lot as well as the Social Security Administration parking lot. As officers arrived, numerous people dispersed the area on foot and in vehicles. Several traffic stops were conducted for violations and 13 citations were issued. One vehicle was towed from the scene as a result. It took approximately 30-45 minutes for deputies to disperse the vehicles from the area.

The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office remains diligent during this time in enforcing social distancing guidelines decreed by Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan. Deputies are currently reviewing film and video evidence obtained from this incident to identify operators and owners of vehicles for possible additional traffic/criminal charges.

Anyone with information or video/pictures of this incident is asked to contact Deputy Dianne Hersh at 301-475-4200 extension 78155 or by email at Dianne.Hersh@stmarysmd.com.

Citizens may remain anonymous and contact Crime Solvers at (301) 475-3333, or text a tip to “TIP239” plus their message to “CRIMES” (274637). Through the Crime Solvers Program tipsters are eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information about a crime in St. Mary’s County that leads to an arrest or indictment.

For official news and information, follow the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office on Twitter @firstsheriff.

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

glhs837

Power with Control
Huh?

--- End of line (MCP)

Parking lot shenanigans aside, for me, it was the fact that these chuckleheads evidently out on quite the F&F display coming down from Charles. Running reds, blocking traffic so they could line to race at red lights, weaving through traffic at high rates..... You wanna kill yourself doing stupid sh%$ in your car, go right ahead, dont endgner others when you do. The friken Prime Directive of driving. You SHALL NOT disturb the native life forms on the roadway.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I was so amazed at 400 cars coming down to GB Road that all I could say was, "Huh?" Crazy. And not in a good way. Charles County couldn't do anything other than pass the problem over to SMC?

What you wrote is what should have been the issue. So I was amused (and not in a good way) about the COVID-19 crap (?) that the SMC Sheriff felt the need to put in. Weak is how I read it.

Appreciate you adding additional info.

--- End of line (MCP)