vehicles and fads......

GregV814

I'm sure you've seen or may even have a Jeep around the area with 118 rubber duckies on the dashboard. Okay, its a fad....
back in the 40's teenagers had a foxtail hanging on their jalopy...okay....
late 60's early 70's THRUSH mufflers, chrome reverse wheels, then, the Vans with quadraphonic 8X10's...(def -in-ateleeeee)

BUT

I may have started the Southern Murlin pick-up fad: short bed, rusty wheel wells, three, (count em) wrapped kitchen trashbags, 2-3 scraps of treated decking with rusty nails and all.... hanging over the tailgate! And, a half deteriorated sticker that reads, "STAY BACK, driver chews tobacco"

You're welcome

Reactions: TPD

GregV814

I remember, back in Landover, every Cadillac had that crown air freshener in the back window......

when I was about 12, I built a dozen or so 3 in 1 car models, popular back then.... well, I built a 65 Galaxy 500 model, chrome wheels, 2 coats of paint, no Testor glue globs..... I was very proud to put in the back window shelf of our car...... hot, sunny summer days.....dammit!!!!!!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Years ago I caught the garter at a wedding and hung it from my rear view mirror. After a lot of years I noticed that the elastic had given up on it so it looked like it had come off a woman with 20" diameter thighs. Had to take it down at this point, also had been married for five years by then.

jrt_ms1995

Years ago I caught the garter at a wedding and hung it from my rear view mirror. After a lot of years I noticed that the elastic had given up on it so it looked like it had come off a woman with 20" diameter thighs. Had to take it down at this point, also had been married for five years by then.
Probably still fit the bride. :whistle:

• Wow
Reactions: TPD

gemma_rae

I opted for shag carpet on the dash and about 5 or 6 roach clips with foot long feathers clipped to the rearview mirror. I think I had a few scarves too.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I opted for shag carpet on the dash and about 5 or 6 roach clips with foot long feathers clipped to the rearview mirror. I think I had a few scarves too.
I did the flooring with shag.

Until I dumped 25 gallons of salt water destined for the aquarium on it. HOOO BOY did that stank.