vendor fairs

libby

Is there a listing somewhere of upcoming vendor fairs? Usually I see a notice about them when they are about to happen, but I don't know about them early enough to build an inventory of product and (hopefully) earn a few dollars.

spinner

I've done well at Annmarie gardens Maker's Market, the first Saturday of the month. Have to sign up in advance though, it gets filled up. I also believe there is something being planned for Leonardtown, but I don't have the details or a contact yet. I find out about venues all the time, if you want to PM me your email I'll pass them along. This is just for handmade items, not for commericial things

SShewbert

What love is all about
Some of the schools put out ads looking for vendors to sign up. Have you tried joining a Quarter Auction? It may be worth a shot!

mamissa3

KIf you are willing i would be interested in a list as well! I do handmade items:)

I've done well at Annmarie gardens Maker's Market, the first Saturday of the month. Have to sign up in advance though, it gets filled up. I also believe there is something being planned for Leonardtown, but I don't have the details or a contact yet. I find out about venues all the time, if you want to PM me your email I'll pass them along. This is just for handmade items, not for commericial things

molly_21

What is a Quarter Auction? Sorry for being a dolt, but I'm totally new to this scene!

Lilley Pad Adorable Things - What is a Quarter Auction? - Charlotte Hall, MD

I have been to a couple. One of my friends sells Dove premium chocolates there, but never ask how much sales she does (which figured none of my business, but I am sure it is OK). They do have some local handmade stuff there as part of the auction, but mainly commerical vendor stuff at those kind of things. But I can ask her how you can get involved if you want?

spinner

Annemarie Garden's Maker's Market is the best way to go for the money, last year it was $10 for space, you could park right where you are selling, and they do alot of advertising. They pull in a good crowd, and everything is locally made or grown. I would encourage you to sign up for more then one month- give it three or four- I found we had many repeat customers and it was a great starting point for us to build a client base. You can download the application right online, it does get full so sign up ahead of time.
Leonardtown has a similar thing in the works Second Sundays from May to Sept [?] Locally made[/grown stuff only. I don't know who the contact is yet but I can let you know. The Leonardtown Business Assoiciation is running it.
There is a Strawberry festival in May in Chaptico at Christ Church I think, and you can also sell at Earth Day on Leonardtown Square April 22. SMAWL has a big animal fair in May in the Leonardtown Fairgrounds and they look for vendors.
There are also several juried shows around do you want to know about them? I'm not sure what you are selling, they are much more expensive to be in.
Facebook is a great way to promote the places you will be selling, when ever I am working on something new I post pictures and information on my project woman studio page. I try to post something every two days or so and so far it's worked very well.

libby

Annemarie Garden's Maker's Market is the best way to go for the money, last year it was $10 for space, you could park right where you are selling, and they do alot of advertising. They pull in a good crowd, and everything is locally made or grown. I would encourage you to sign up for more then one month- give it three or four- I found we had many repeat customers and it was a great starting point for us to build a client base. You can download the application right online, it does get full so sign up ahead of time.
Leonardtown has a similar thing in the works Second Sundays from May to Sept [?] Locally made[/grown stuff only. I don't know who the contact is yet but I can let you know. The Leonardtown Business Assoiciation is running it.
There is a Strawberry festival in May in Chaptico at Christ Church I think, and you can also sell at Earth Day on Leonardtown Square April 22. SMAWL has a big animal fair in May in the Leonardtown Fairgrounds and they look for vendors.
There are also several juried shows around do you want to know about them? I'm not sure what you are selling, they are much more expensive to be in.
Facebook is a great way to promote the places you will be selling, when ever I am working on something new I post pictures and information on my project woman studio page. I try to post something every two days or so and so far it's worked very well.

Can you PM me a link to your product/page?

spinner

Keep in mind if you are selling a food item you have to follow the health dept rules for your county AND have a sales tax number. If you don't the venue where you are selling can get into serious trouble.