Venison

IF I were to do the venison giveaway again this year, who would be interested in getting some? If I do run this again this year, it will be handled a little different. If I order any special products such as jerky, sausage or bologna they will have to be paid for in advance. I got a bunch of bologna last year because a bunch of people said they wanted it, and now I have about a dozen rolls in the freezer. Cost me way too much money to have it happen again.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:howdy: I'd like to get some this year. I don't have any problem paying for my order up front. :smile:

I'll look over the old thread and let you know what I would like to get. Thanks for doing this again. :cheers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm interested in meat, slim jims, and jerky. I'll pay up front if you like, I only have a little meat left from last year.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Since I am the only eater of bambi in the family, I still have some in the freezer. BUT I will take 5 packs of slim jims very hot. Of course I'll pay you up front.

W

Wenchy

Hey Huntr! I only have a small freezer, but would love a minimum order of sausage (Hot!) Slim Jims, Bologna (but not what the others left hanging in your freezer) and if you can, get a few roasts and steaks for me, also the ground meat. I will not leave you hanging, I can send you a check, or if the butcher accepts it, I can pay by credit card. Please PM me. I would love to buy a whole deer, but do not have the space here to have a chest freezer. VENISON???? YUMMY!!!!

J

jmo2276

i dont know i never tried it ..I cant see myself eating bambi. Just the thought makes me want to barf.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Deer is a very lean red meat that for the most part tastes like beef. It's all in how you cook it.

jmo - if you don't want to eat it don't. I bet if you ever got up close to a calf and looked into those deep brown eyes you wouldn't muck down any more burgers either.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
jmo2276 said:
i dont know i never tried it ..I cant see myself eating bambi. Just the thought makes me want to barf.

It's an acquired taste. I've eaten venison since I was a child so I'm so used to it that beef tastes greasy to me.

I have a friend that was severely anti hunting. This all changed after he had three deer hits in his new truck in a 9 month span. He thinks I should shoot them all now. I also grew up among many farmer types that have no use for the things at all. Crop damage is expensive to a man that makes his living from his planted fields.

You can either eat them or hit them with your car. Either way, there's meat on the grille. :lol:

jazz lady said:
:howdy: I'd like to get some this year. I don't have any problem paying for my order up front. :smile:

I'll look over the old thread and let you know what I would like to get. Thanks for doing this again. :cheers:
Jazz,
Tom may have another for me in the next day or so. Do you want it? I don't have the cost yet, won't until he gets the deer donated to him. Should be in the $50.00 dollar range, no more than $55.00.