Veras White Sands

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I've been there a few times. The food was okay. The service was so-so. The hostess was a beyotch but I know that she's gone now. Nothing that stopped me from going if I was being taken to dinner, but nothing that has sparked me to go back if I had to pay. :lol:

Same here either paying or non-paying. Location is great and I loved the deck. Food was ick.

IMO, the perfect restaurant would be Jerry's Place in PF in the White Sands location.

I can dream.

Hank

my war
Same here either paying or non-paying. Location is great and I loved the deck. Food was ick.

IMO, the perfect restaurant would be Jerry's Place in PF in the White Sands location.

I can dream.

Yeah, I hate Jerry's location...:lmao:

Jasper's building is available.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Yeah, I hate Jerry's location...:lmao:

Jasper's building is available.

In Jerry's case (best seafood I've ever had) is worth the trip. The strip mall location is quirky but bearable.

It would be the ultimate at Vera's old place.

I have a hankering for the calamari, haddock and crabcake. Kale and some veggy crab soup on the side.

My wife and I love Veras. But we only go there on nice days when our boys can enjoy the beach for a while following our meal. If you're going there to get a fantastic meal, I think you're making a mistake. As someone else mentioned, if you want great seafood, go to Jerry's, Clark's Landing, or Stoneys. Shoot, the last I read, the Ruddy Duck was voted best crabcake in SoMD. At Veras, stick to the sandwiches, like the salmon BLT or pubfish, and you won't go wrong. The nachos are pretty darn good too. Their specialty drink is the Orange Crush... again, you can't go wrong. If you go there and order an Italian plate (like one of my friends told me he did), you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

RidgeChick

My wife and I love Veras. But we only go there on nice days when our boys can enjoy the beach for a while following our meal. If you're going there to get a fantastic meal, I think you're making a mistake. As someone else mentioned, if you want great seafood, go to Jerry's, Clark's Landing, or Stoneys. Shoot, the last I read, the Ruddy Duck was voted best crabcake in SoMD. At Veras, stick to the sandwiches, like the salmon BLT or pubfish, and you won't go wrong. The nachos are pretty darn good too. Their specialty drink is the Orange Crush... again, you can't go wrong. If you go there and order an Italian plate (like one of my friends told me he did), you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

The manager replied via email asking me details. She seemed very concerned. We will go back. To be honest, I had oysters - probably a mistake. Next time I will be more conscious of season, etc. We are planning to go back - everyone has bad days lol.

Hank

my war
They gave Vera's a slight remodel. The changes opened the bar area up a bit. Unfortunately, food is still the same.... Going to give it one more shot with some crabs. The outdoor scenery is worth it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They gave Vera's a slight remodel. The changes opened the bar area up a bit. Unfortunately, food is still the same.... Going to give it one more shot with some crabs. The outdoor scenery is worth it.

What happened to them, anyway? The food was good when they opened, then in the last couple of years it just tanked. I like to drink at Vera's, just eat somewhere else beforehand.

Hank

my war
What happened to them, anyway? The food was good when they opened, then in the last couple of years it just tanked. I like to drink at Vera's, just eat somewhere else beforehand.

The place was dead empty as well... On a Saturday night.