Verizon Wireless DSL

Jayn

Jay
OK what the heck is wrong with Verizon Wireless DSL Internet.. It's been down for over a week.. It does this thing where it will connect only for a minute then like goes dead then reconnects.. Had anyone else been having problems!

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
OK what the heck is wrong with Verizon Wireless DSL Internet.. It's been down for over a week.. It does this thing where it will connect only for a minute then like goes dead then reconnects.. Had anyone else been having problems!
Constant drops from DSL. That is the reason I went with Metrocast. Never had the problem again. Good luck to you. :yay:

Jayn

Jay
No this isn't the usual drop where it will do it every so often.. I think Verizon is having serious problems, when I try to do anything it'll kick off to the point we can't go online more then a few minutes at a time:cds:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
No this isn't the usual drop where it will do it every so often.. I think Verizon is having serious problems, when I try to do anything it'll kick off to the point we can't go online more then a few minutes at a time:cds:
Whatever you are paying for dsl it's not worth it. If you can get cable that's what I would do. I have had one drop since I'v had cable. Well worth the money. Also save a lot from getting rid of Direct TV and getting cable TV. I also dumped the home phone. Lots of savings and better internet.

Jeter3000

Yup, same drops here, almost daily. Luckily, it's been temporary and I only have to reset the modem. Didn't have any cell service one morning recently, but the DSL was working fine...:cussing:

Last edited:

Vince

Yup, same drops here, almost daily. Luckily, it's been temporary and I only have to reset the modem. Didn't have any cell service one morning recently, but the DSL was working fine...:cussing:
It's weird. I've had it for about 5 years or more and the only thing I had happen was the wireless router quit. They mailed me a new one in a day or two.

C

czygvtwkr

I've had verizon DSL since 2003 and havent had any problems until recently. It seems around 4-5PM it goes out and sometimes takes hours to get back.

NewsJunky

Yes, I had constant problems. I started a thread on this issue about 2-3 months ago. Mine would go out about 10am every day and not come back up until 10pm. I finally gave up and got metrocast. No problems anymore - other than Verizon still trying to charge me for internet that I don't receive from them. Yep - sat on the phone for two hours yesterday explaining that I was billed $34.99 for DSL for December when I had terminated my service on December 11 with them. And they agreed - it showed in the system that I called and terminated service, yet they attached my internet bill to my wireless bill. Problem was since my land line no longer existed, they couldn't figure out how to change the billing. WTF? That place is so messed up. :mad:

Jayn

Jay
We are still having problems.. It was fine all Sunday afternoon and all through the night, we thought it was the bad weather but this morning it's back too it's bull####! Believe me if I could get high speed I'd done it years ago! But I still live with my folks and for reason my father won't switch! Something about keeping his priceless email address or keeping his email on his phone or some non-since!