Verizon Wireless NO SIGNAL

WingsOfGold

Dear Abby,
And I mean none, notta bit BUT since we got really GREAT fios lightspeed internet yesterday that makes some of the pain go away. I am NOT tech savy.. I quit even trying to learn when windows took over DOS systems.
Anyway, through FM (**cking Magic for you less worldly) the wife and her amazing (to me) smart phone is able to tap into the internet signal and get a good Verizon signal all the way down to the river, about 75 yards. Me and my flip phone gets ZERO signal, totally dead.
Question is... what are my options? Tech savvy wife called Verizon and she got someone dumber than I on the subject. I DO get a signal next mountain valley over. Is there a way I can get Verizon to install an antenna or booster of some sort? I just got this phone maybe 2 months ago and found it OK in civilization but useless except for a watch in these parts.
Suggestions? I do NOT want to buy a smart phone or learn to use one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No idea how to solve your problem, but how on earth did you get a flip phone in this day and age? Did you buy it used?

I think they make boosters you can get to tap into a cell tower, but someone else will have to tell you if that's true or fake news.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Dear Abby,
And I mean none, notta bit BUT since we got really GREAT fios lightspeed internet yesterday that makes some of the pain go away. I am NOT tech savy.. I quit even trying to learn when windows took over DOS systems.
Anyway, through FM (**cking Magic for you less worldly) the wife and her amazing (to me) smart phone is able to tap into the internet signal and get a good Verizon signal all the way down to the river, about 75 yards. Me and my flip phone gets ZERO signal, totally dead.
Question is... what are my options? Tech savvy wife called Verizon and she got someone dumber than I on the subject. I DO get a signal next mountain valley over. Is there a way I can get Verizon to install an antenna or booster of some sort? I just got this phone maybe 2 months ago and found it OK in civilization but useless except for a watch in these parts.
Suggestions? I do NOT want to buy a smart phone or learn to use one.
I feel your pain every couple months when I visit western MD. No Verizon Wireless coverage up there in the mountains. Everyone living there has US Cellular or AT&T. I'll likely switch over to AT&T when wife and I get new phones shortly. US Cellular is not down here in SoMD.

Who in your new neck of the woods is the primary cellular provider?

WingsOfGold

I feel your pain every couple months when I visit western MD. No Verizon Wireless coverage up there in the mountains. Everyone living there has US Cellular or AT&T. I'll likely switch over to AT&T when wife and I get new phones shortly. US Cellular is not down here in SoMD.

Who in your new neck of the woods is the primary cellular provider?
Good question, I don't know. Back in Pa. right now will head down again Thursday and I'll make that my mission to find out but first I'll ask the seller.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Saturday night down in Dameron i didnt have any service at all! which is rare. I contacted verizon and they said it was a device issue which is BS because all of our devices had issues with no service. They told me to call tech support but i couldn't keep the signal long enough to make a call.