Verizon!

Jayn

Jay
OK this is getting real annoying now. During the day it's fine but during the evening and night hours our net keeps cutting in and out a few times a week. What the hell is Verizon doing?!

FED_UP

People are home in the evening using it more, streaming, etc.

Seen articles out there about where ISPs in the future are considering tailoring the billing more dependent on the neighbor next door who is downloading movies and music all night compared to the guy who is just checking his email.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
They're giving you a reason to switch to cable...seriously.

I had the same issues, on and off, for about a year. After 5+ phone calls, my last phone call was to tell them to close the account because I was going with Metrocast. Funny thing was, they all of a sudden needed to send a technician out. I said no thanks.

Had Metrocast for a year now with absolutely zero issues. The electricity went out, during the hurricane, before the internet did. :) Give them a call.

merc669

They're giving you a reason to switch to cable...seriously.

I had the same issues, on and off, for about a year. After 5+ phone calls, my last phone call was to tell them to close the account because I was going with Metrocast. Funny thing was, they all of a sudden needed to send a technician out. I said no thanks.

Had Metrocast for a year now with absolutely zero issues. The electricity went out, during the hurricane, before the internet did. :) Give them a call.

Same here.... Mine is fast 90% of the time except for the early evenings. But overall Metrocast has been a pleasant surprise. And there response to my issues with bad connections or cable issues has been great!! Another vote for Metrocast!! :dye:

Bill....

awpitt

Main Streeter
OK this is getting real annoying now. During the day it's fine but during the evening and night hours our net keeps cutting in and out a few times a week. What the hell is Verizon doing?!

Did you ask Verizon?

smilin

BOXER NATION
Did you ask Verizon?

I called them - got standard answer: No problem at our end - must be yours.
This was after I barked at my kids because our service slows down, cuts off especially when an XBox gets hooked up.
Three laptops, couple of smart phones, a few games hooked up to our router and everything just bogs down - can't understand why....:whistle:

I called them - got standard answer: No problem at our end - must be yours.
This was after I barked at my kids because our service slows down, cuts off especially when an XBox gets hooked up.
Three laptops, couple of smart phones, a few games hooked up to our router and everything just bogs down - can't understand why....:whistle:

We have 3 desk tops- 2 xboxes-3 lap tops 1 smart phone 2 ipod touch and of course TV all over the house- rare we get a problem.

sometimes if someone is downloading something while trying to stream somewhere else it may need to buffer a lil- but thats rare. I highly recommend metrocast high speed.

Now, when we first hooked up (after moving in) we got spotty service- and told them over and over it was their stuff. They insisted it was our wires and how many times we split the cables and also wanted to actually blame our equipment because it wasnt theirs. We insisted we know what we're doing and they NEED to check where it drops from the road- and we were right. They sent trucks out, and even admitted they were wrong. So are they perfect- no- a lot of stories you hear about them are true. But as for streaming, very little down time and just always being there at full power with no interruptions I give them high marks.

BernieP

Resident PIA
People are home in the evening using it more, streaming, etc.

This shouldn't be a problem with DSL, more of an issue with cable. With DSL you go direct to the swtich, you are not dumped onto a line with hundreds, if not thousands of other users before you get to the switch.

The real issue may be interference, noise on the lines. Weather, cold, damp, etc, may be increasing the interference from the SMECO lines - which are none to give off a lot of noise (in particular around their substations).

As an example. If you are stopped at the light at gate 1, under certain weather conditions your car radio will be nothing but noise (static).

Oh, forgot, bottom line, call Verizon and make them explain why the problems. If people don't call and complain or ask, then they might not be aware of a problem.

somdfunguy

not impressed
This shouldn't be a problem with DSL, more of an issue with cable. With DSL you go direct to the swtich, you are not dumped onto a line with hundreds, if not thousands of other users before you get to the switch.

The real issue may be interference, noise on the lines. Weather, cold, damp, etc, may be increasing the interference from the SMECO lines - which are none to give off a lot of noise (in particular around their substations).

As an example. If you are stopped at the light at gate 1, under certain weather conditions your car radio will be nothing but noise (static).

Oh, forgot, bottom line, call Verizon and make them explain why the problems. If people don't call and complain or ask, then they might not be aware of a problem.

:eek:)

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

Like the Government, when you get too big and everyone depends on you, whatever the heck they want!!! :coffee:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Jayn. Use the search tool on this forum and type in "Verizon".

I'm now a satisfied Metrocast customer.