Very Loud BANG

I was working in the garage heard a very loud bang or explosion a few minutes ago, kind of in the direction of Sheetz on 235. Maybe a transformer? Anybody?

V

vicos

That's not too far from that Buffet place. Maybe someone gorging themselves on the all-you-can eat over-did it and exploded ?

V

vicos

I went in there for the 1st time several weeks ago because I had some day company and didn't know where else to go for a quick lunch.

I picked up the salt shaker and it clung to my fingers. I had to wrap a napkin around it; the paper was glued on.

Then some kid with a plate of food heaped to the moon dumps it face down on the carpet on the way back to the table. A very good idea that they use such small plates.

Then, finally, I had to pry one of the small desert cups off of the stack because they were all stuck together. Guess that dishwasher needs some work.

I was like, never again. I have better luck at Sheetz and WaWa.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Depends on how close you were to it? I'm thinking Gallagher. (his brother was a test pilot at PaxRvr. Met him quite a few years ago)
Met who? Gallagher or the brother? I guess the brother would also be a Gallagher. Unless mom ran around.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I was working in the garage heard a very loud bang or explosion a few minutes ago, kind of in the direction of Sheetz on 235. Maybe a transformer? Anybody?
You got some good hearing. That might have been us up here when we lost power, just got it back a few minutes ago.

glhs837

Power with Control
WE did get notice of a controlled detonation at Elms, a Marine Location Marker (MLM) washed up there, and given those are phosphorus candles inside that can reignite, blowing it in place makes sense. Not sure about the timing though

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
WE did get notice of a controlled detonation at Elms, a Marine Location Marker (MLM) washed up there, and given those are phosphorus candles inside that can reignite, blowing it in place makes sense. Not sure about the timing though
Blowing up phosphorus doesn't sound like a wise idea, kind of makes it like a phosphorus grenade.

glhs837

Power with Control
Blowing up phosphorus doesn't sound like a wise idea, kind of makes it like a phosphorus grenade.

Got me, I just know what the email said. Maybe blowing "up" is the wrong to phrase it. Maybe more blowing down is the way to think about it. Hence the word "controlled".

Goldenhawk

Well, I just did a little reading on "Willie Pete" munitions. Seems to me, based on what I read, that blowing them up is actually a good way to handle it, because the stuff burns very quickly when in small pieces, but large chunks can take a long time to burn.

Plus, the stuff makes a super-cool-looking (but toxic) cloud of white smoke...

Years ago the ex and I went to see the comedian "Gallagher". Turns out it wasn't the well known comic Leo, but the brother Ron. Advertising was very misleading. They looked alike, but the show was terrible. And if I remember right there was litigation against Ron for not clearly advertising who was performing, and eventually was not allowed to use or copy any part of the routine or simulate Leo's likeness.