Vet Help

FrmGrl

Get some!
Hello everyone!
I thought I remembered reading back on this forum about vets that will come to the home for euthanasia (not for horses but a dog) and a funeral home that will help with cremation, but I cant seem to find the thread. It may have been on another forum, if it was I apologize but if anyone can give me the names of vets who will come to the home in St Marys County I would greatly appreciate it. I cant bear to take my baby to the vets for something like this. He is already terrified of the place. Thank you for all your help.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I agree, any vet that does farm calls should be willing to do this. Try Tidewater - they are very sympathetic and probably can help. There number is 301-884-3121. So sorry that you have to go through this difficult time but you are most definitly on the right track to spare your dog more stress and to let him let go where he is most comfortable.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Thank you all very much. I will try with the information given. Someone told me Mattingly's will take care of cremation for pets. It is very hard to say goodbye. I appreciate all of your help. You are all very sweet!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Linda Miller is ONLY equine, but I know tidewater will do it.
I am so sorry about your family and pet having to go through this. I have a burial site on my farm with animal loved ones and I feel for you now.

I do have to say that I never considered cremation :shrug: That is a very feasible idea for a dog :yay: But a horse would have to be too costly.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Yea, I asked her if she would do a rabie shot on my dog in the past and she declined.
Now there was a time that Linda happened to be here when one of the barn cats was found hung upsidedown on the barn wall (foot wedged in slat-obviously ALL night) and she gladly looked at him and decided that there was no chance and put him out of his misery on the spot. Ofcourse I was frantic and she was all ready here.

FrmGrl

Get some!
I finally found a vet that will come to the house. Tidewater referred them and Mattingleys will take care of your pet however they have not given me a price on that yet. Depends on size, urn and all of that. Thank you to all who gave input. It helped me get in touch with the right people. Now all that is left is to say goodbye.

Thanks again.

PrepH4U

FrmGrl said:
I finally found a vet that will come to the house. Tidewater referred them and Mattingleys will take care of your pet however they have not given me a price on that yet. Depends on size, urn and all of that. Thank you to all who gave input. It helped me get in touch with the right people. Now all that is left is to say goodbye.

Thanks again.
:huggy:
If that doesnt work w/Mattingley's contact st. Mary's vet hospital, they use an animal creamatorium I believe in NO VA and I am sure they will give you the number. (all of my departed pets are in urns) Maybe even the vet that comes can reccommend one also. I am so sorry!

FrmGrl

Get some!
appyday said:
One of my favorite sellers on ebay has this URN I LOVE it...I love blue I was looking at her listings tonight and thought of you...appy

This LINK is to all urns listed under pet supplies

I saw it, it is beautiful. I might just bid on it if no one else does. Is it wierd to bid on an urn?? BTW Mattingleys charges $335.00 for cremation for a pet but my pet is 90lbs, they base it on weight. I hear they treat you very well there, and very dignified. They treat your pet like one of the family, as they should. I think Cisco has few more weeks. He has good days and bad. A tough old guy. Thanks appy for the link!!

PrepH4U

FrmGrl said:
I saw it, it is beautiful. I might just bid on it if no one else does. Is it wierd to bid on an urn?? BTW Mattingleys charges $335.00 for cremation for a pet but my pet is 90lbs, they base it on weight. I hear they treat you very well there, and very dignified. They treat your pet like one of the family, as they should. I think Cisco has few more weeks. He has good days and bad. A tough old guy. Thanks appy for the link!!
That doesn't sound too out of line for a family member. I think a couple of years ago for my rottie I paid close to 300.00 through the vet. Personally if it was me I would just make the decision to go with the local service (now that it is available) and not look around anymore. Just one less thing to worry or stress about. Enjoy the good days with him! :huggy: