Veterans might gain same status as illegals

MarieB

There was a case recently in the news where a service member was denied in state tuition (in NC?), and her and her husband even owned a home there. It sounded strange, as usually proof of property tax paid takes care of that, but the story stated that it was about residency.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
There was a case recently in the news where a service member was denied in state tuition (in NC?), and her and her husband even owned a home there. It sounded strange, as usually proof of property tax paid takes care of that, but the story stated that it was about residency.

If I remember correctly she claimed residency somewhere else because of a tax benefit, but when she wanted to pay less for tuition she wanted to again claim residency there. Her decision to take advantage of being in the service backfired. So she had never paid income tax in that state but wanted to pay in state tuition. .. screw her.

I hope they didn't cave into her, and stuck to their guns.

MarieB

If I remember correctly she claimed residency somewhere else because of a tax benefit, but when she wanted to pay less for tuition she wanted to again claim residency there. Her decision to take advantage of being in the service backfired. So she had never paid income tax in that state but wanted to pay in state tuition. .. screw her.

I hope they didn't cave into her, and stuck to their guns.

Ah, ok. I had not heard about the income tax, but I thought she had moved back. I guess it depends on the timing of everything

mamatutu

mama to two
Where was the racism?
Where was the bigotry?

Sorry........confused by your post.

Thank you. I don't have a racist bone in my body; and I am a southern girl born and raised in Louisiana. Perfect's comment was very left field. It made me ponder his/her forum name.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Thank you. I don't have a racist bone in my body;

ofc you do ..

.... you do not want Undocumented Brown peoples from foreign nations to get Free Education, Housing, and Healthcare

you were born to White Privilege ......