Vets are suggesting...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Vets are saying to go ahead and hit the horses with a 5 way (w flu/rhino) early this year because of the herpes virus...Hit mine this am with Pres 5 way and Rabies...rest to follow...has anyone else started spring shots yet?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Pasofever said:
Vets are saying to go ahead and hit the horses with a 5 way (w flu/rhino) early this year because of the herpes virus...Hit mine this am with Pres 5 way and Rabies...rest to follow...has anyone else started spring shots yet?

I have an appt. set for March 10 to start, think I'll start earlier.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Pasofever said:
An ounce of prevention:high5: Pres 5 way :yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
We are to hit them again in 6 months if the threat is still there...I was not going to wait I gave them the day after they came in...and rabies..I will do potomac and WN in a week

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:

I am doing mine as soon as they come in, they are on order!! :smile:

Have to call the vet for rabies and coggins.

Loper

Animal Poor!
I've got an appt for March 6th x8 and all the dogs just had all their yearlies.... yikes good thing I budget for this... :)

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yeah, I did my first round of shots this past Tuesday. 3 horses & 2 mini donks. Vet'll be back out on March 21st for the rest of the shots and to do the goat. :)

Cowgirl

Phyxius said:
Yeah, I did my first round of shots this past Tuesday. 3 horses & 2 mini donks. Vet'll be back out on March 21st for the rest of the shots and to do the goat. :)

To do the goat? What are you having done to it? You can't do it? C'mon girlie, it's just a little ole goat. :razz:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Cowgirl said:
To do the goat? What are you having done to it? You can't do it? C'mon girlie, it's just a little ole goat. :razz:

Hehe, when I managed the "stallions" I was giving 30 horses their fall and winter shots every year. Not to mention regular deworming. I like paying the vet to do it :) Besides I have to HOLD the goat. She's not exactly personable. I'm the only one she lets pet her. Psycho goat. Her half sister was the total opposite, best friends with anyone.

Cowgirl

Phyxius said:
Hehe, when I managed the "stallions" I was giving 30 horses their fall and winter shots every year. Not to mention regular deworming. I like paying the vet to do it :) Besides I have to HOLD the goat. She's not exactly personable. I'm the only one she lets pet her. Psycho goat. Her half sister was the total opposite, best friends with anyone.

I can relate...I had a goat that hated getting his feet trimmed. I had to lay him flat and sit on his neck to keep him down (he was 150 lbs.). He would scream like I was killing him. :drama: